Thread: LSC BMWCCA AX #5 - July 17, 2010

Default LSC BMWCCA AX #5 - July 17, 2010

LSC BMWCCA AX #5 - July 17, 2010

More information can be found on the LSC BMWCCA website http://www.lscbmwcca.org/autocross-schedule.html, and if you want to drive in the event you must register. Cost is $30 for BMWCCA members, but non-members can register for $40 which allows you to try it out.

Even if you've never tried autocross before, come on out at give it a try. Instructors are provided. Or, ask for a ride with an instructor to see if you might enjoy it. Rides with an instructor and admission are free!

**** Register Online at dlbracing.com ****
    http://www.dlbracing.com/Default.aspx

Registration for 2010 events will be 100% online. We will not accept payment on site! Online registration is available until 11PM the Thursday before each event and opens three Mondays prior to the event.

First car will start around 9:30am.

Rides in instructor vehicles are free. A helmet must be worn. There are loaner helmets available for those that do not own their own helmet. (Helmets must be rated M-2000 or SA-2000 or newer)

Course map

Tech Inspection
    All participant vehicles must pass Tech Inspection on site.
    Tech Inspection begins at 8am and will close at 9am.

Mandatory Driver's meeting at 9am.

First car will start around 9:30am.

Rides in instructor vehicles are free. A helmet must be worn. There are loaner helmets available for those that do not own their own helmet. (Helmets must be rated M-2000 or SA-2000 or newer)

Future 2010 Autocross Events
    (6) 08/07/10 TMS Bus Lot
    (Night) 09/25/10 Mineral Wells (Night Autocross)
    (7) 09/26/10 Mineral Wells
    10/23/10 TMS Bus Lot (Street Survival)
    ( 10/24/10 TMS Bus Lot
    (9) TBD TBD
    M3 is always the answer.

I would like to go but it's my birthday meaning i want to be lazy and not in the sun. ::waits for the cathead::

I'd like to go, if only to beat aalvarez04 on his birthday, but alas, I will be in College Station.

Signed up so I can beat Jerrett... Should be able to do that by just finishing. *fingers crossed*

I will be there too, someone has to bring up the rear of class Y.

won't be able to make this one...
    Cory
    2006 Mazda MX-5 GT (SOLD)
    ​1999 Mazda Miata (FOR SALE)
    2004 Chevrolet Z06/Z16
    2013 Kawasaki Ninja 650

This weekend!!
    M3 is always the answer.

I am signed up.

Ken,
    Good course today, it was a lot of fun. I had a hard time not being able to shift gears when I needed to, I think all the M3 owners I talked to had upgraded their transmission mount bushings. I was able to squeak out a 90 second run even though I had to run the first slalom in 3rd gear.

Sorry to hear about your front shock busting.

Missed out, couldn't make it out this weekend... How was the turnout?
    Cory
    2006 Mazda MX-5 GT (SOLD)
    ​1999 Mazda Miata (FOR SALE)
    2004 Chevrolet Z06/Z16
    2013 Kawasaki Ninja 650

Quote Originally Posted by jbh View Post
    Sorry to hear about your front shock busting.
    One of those fancy ASTs go boom already?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I think there were a total of 35. We were done by 1pm which was good.

M3 is always the answer.

Great course. Very fast and fun. I really got to take advantage of the higher speeds and rotate the car more. Actually hit the rev limiter in 3rd on the backstretch. Good call on skipping the break. Best Mineral Wells course I've been to this year.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    Great course. Very fast and fun. I really got to take advantage of the higher speeds and rotate the car more. Actually hit the rev limiter in 3rd on the backstretch. Good call on skipping the break. Best Mineral Wells course I've been to this year.
    Wow Mike - almost FTD! Good job!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Good driving Mike!

I really liked the back section. Big reward if you did not lift in one spot.
    M3 is always the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    Great course. Good call on skipping the break. Best Mineral Wells course I've been to this year.
    Agreed on the quality of course - not too fast, flowed well, and she was 90 seconds to boot. But I must dissent on the skipping the lunch 'n' a/c action. Why would you want to spend 6 hours in a row in the blazing heat? I missed out on my last run because my car was getting fuel starved and I could have aired up the skins if we had had a break.

Despite my near 'in the weeds' excursion (had flashbacks of Marty McFly speeding through Mr. Peabody's Pine tree field) it was a really good event overall.
    "Dammit, H. I. - the sun don't rise and set on the corner grocer." - Gale Smolts