Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intro...

Default Intro...

Just wanted to say 'hi' to the gang - I am new to Miata's and have a 2004 MSM. So far I have redone the bushings, suspension, flywheel/clutch, and have added a boost controller. Hopefully, I can share my learnings as much as I learn from you all.

-Rich

Hi Rich,

Welcome to the board! We have a few other MSM owners here, some aftermarket FI junkies, and a bunch of NA engines

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Welcome to the madness, bigrich.

What have you chosen for the suspension on your MSM?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

HI bigrich - welcome
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Welcome bigrich! I think you are our 3rd or 4th MSM owner! Did ya' get the red one?

Welcome! Enjoy the crazyness! Congrats on your purchase!
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Default Intro (cont)

Good to hear I'm not the only MSM here...my target is to get to a pwr:wght ratio of around 1:9-11. That said, I'm thinking if I 'gut' the interior (replacing the seats, steering wheel, using harnesses instead of the airbags, lighter wheels and ditching the softtop) I can drop the weight, but I think I will need to replace the OE turbo with something with a bit more oomph - like a GT28RS. Anyway, that is a far ways off, and I still have a lot more fun to have with the car as is. =)

As for suspension, I opted to go the Koni/Ground Control route using 375/250lb rates. I was thinking of going with a Tein or JIC setup, but with a complete powerflex/custom bushing replacement it was a bit more than I was willing to spend. While I'm talking about chassis components, has anyone done anything around the brakes other than pads? i.e. SS lines or a full brake kit? I can't find anything that fits anything with the 2001+ 'Sport' kit that is on the car...

-Rich

PS: Sorry for the crazy long reply, I'm just excited to be part of the gang!

Default Re: Intro (cont)

Quote Originally Posted by bigrich
    PS: Sorry for the crazy long reply, I'm just excited to be part of the gang!
    Not to worry that will pass in time!

Welcome to group!

What color is your car?

I have a momo wheel without airbag including adapter and airbag light resistor that can very easily be traded for your stock wheel! WElcome to the group!

I'll chime in with a welcome note also... Also an MSM owner, but am having so much fun with it in it's stock configuration, not sure I want to mess with anything on it...except perhaps a way to extend the rev limiter limit another grand or so...
    OzCop
    MSM
    "It's never too late to have a happy childhood!"

Well, if nobody else is sayin', I ain't either!

Quote Originally Posted by OzCop
    am having so much fun with it in it's stock configuration, not sure I want to mess with anything on it....
    Yeh....heh...sure....give it til its first AX...
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...'Wow! What a ride!'

MMM, :vulture mode: You take off that soft top and I'll be happy to take it off your hands.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Default MSM Color...

I opted for the silver one (I don't know the name)...I would have opted for black if it was available when I purchased it though!

-Rich

Welcome
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

Man, you've been busy...

Which boost controller did you install?

And how do you like the flywheel on that car? I've got an AL at home that I haven't yet installed on my MSM

Eric
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!
    1989 Suburban 4x4 - 4" Pro-Comp Lift 33" BFGs etc... DRUNK TANK!
    2002 Protege5 - Lucky the drunk wagon SOLD
    '04 MazdaSpeed Mx-5 Wheeee! Turbos are fun
    How can I be so thirsty this morning, When I drank so much last night??

Wow. Busy indeed. I'm impressed!

Most people leave the stock brakes alone, aside from changing out the pads. The brakes on 01+ cars are generally considered to be quite good, and lots of people run them road and track with very few problems.

Welcome to the mad house.

S.

Default BC

I have a Greddy Profec Type S MBC. I am also debating whether or not to install and custom tune the matching eManage box...not to mention I have a Turbo Timer to install.

Hmmm...as for the brakes, Brian Goodwin says he has at leaset lines and floating hat rotors due out soon. Maybe that will hold me...

-Rich

I've got my e-manage sitting here in a box awaiting teh same decision..

you're not the guy working with rx7.com are ya?

Default Yeah, that would be me.

He and I have been debating what to do with the car since I bought it - i.e. custom exhaust then tuning. Of course, when we start talking crazy, like putting together a complete GT28RS kit, then the thought of spending money on a 'throw away' exhaust doesn't sound like the way to go.

BTW, after reading about what you have done with your car - I thought it would be really good if we compared rides. I'm really curious to see what kind of effect the FM DP and BC had on the spoolup.

-Rich

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast