Thread: Speedzone Challenge

Default Speedzone Challenge

View it on the calendar

The more people we have the more fun this will be so come on out. Everyone will get lot's of racing in.

Date: Saturday, February 5th
    Time: Be ready to go at 11:30AM
    Where: Meet in Speedzone Lobby
    11130 Malibu Drive
    Dallas, TX 75229
    Phone: (972) 247-7223

The idea behind these races is to add a little competition in the months we are not autocrossing or attending track days. If we're lucky, it could also light the competitive fire under a few S2000 drivers who are not racing their S2000's with us.

Format:
    The event will run on Saturday, early afternoon, before Speedzone gets crowded. I'm currently only considering the Grand Prix cars for the competition. They are the fastest, most consistent, and easiest to score. For those who are unfamiliar, the Grand Prix cars run on a road style course for a single timed lap which is very similar to our autocross setup.

There will be a series of races including Qualifying, Pre-Final, Chance, and the Final. The goal here is to offer everyone as much racing as possible no matter the finishing position. I just ask that everyone be as flexible as possible as we make changes to make this the best event possible.

Race Day:
    1) Qualifying - Each driver will get a minimum of 5 runs (we'll see how long this takes). The best 3 runs will be combined to derive a final score. The top 50% will continue on to the Pre-Final race. The lower 50% will participate in the Chance race.

2) Pre-Final - The top 50% from Qualifying will get 3 runs. The best run will determine the score. The top 4 drivers will move to the Final race.

3) Chance - The lower 50% from Qualifying will get 2 runs. The best run will determine the score. The top driver will move to the Final race.

4) Final - The 4 drivers from Pre-Final and 1 driver from Chance race will get 3 runs. The best run determines the score. The top 3 drivers will receive an undetermined award.

Cost:
    The cost will be approximately $20 depending on how much you race. Each lap in the Grand Prix cars is about $2.00. As an option, an unlimited 2 hour pass can be purchased for $29.

I'm game.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Two hour deal might work, but the ONLY time I went there, my card didn't have enough credit for the dragster. I went back to put more money on it and they ripped me off for the credit I had. When I complained to the manager, she said, "Yeah, that happens alot."

I'll be busy at the new house or I might have to try it again
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by onething
    Two hour deal might work, but the ONLY time I went there, my card didn't have enough credit for the dragster. I went back to put more money on it and they ripped me off for the credit I had. When I complained to the manager, she said, "Yeah, that happens alot."
    Geez wasn't that back in like 1978, it's time to let go Onething! :P

I'm going to try to make it out there.

Man I havent carted in almost 4 years, this will be interesting...
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Oh yea, does any of you guys that will be there have a HDHC roll bar installed?? I still havent sat in one so im still trying to decide on it.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Aside from the speeding ticket I got getting there.... I had a blast!

And, and there is proof positive that TC could not get around me on the Turbo Track!!

:P

Sorry I didn't make it guys. Mel and I went to visit marcucci and his wife and their new twin baby girls instead.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Aside from the speeding ticket I got getting there.... I had a blast!

And, and there is proof positive that TC could not get around me on the Turbo Track!!

:P

What proof would that be, beeyawtch?