Thread: Anyone looking to install a bump steer kit on their Miata?

Default Anyone looking to install a bump steer kit on their Miata?

We are looking for anyone that wants to install a bump steer kit on their Miata (or any other car really). Our new Hunter alignment rack has a built in winch and fender mounted live ride height targets so that we can plot toe and camber change over ride height change. I really hadn't ever noticed until now how much bump steer NA and NB Miatas have when lowered. We recently had a customer complaining about how little grip he had in the front of his NB on turn in and after observing the toe change under compression, it was obvious that his roll center needed to be adjusted.

I recently have installed several Whiteline bump steer kits on Evolutions and WRXs and have noticed a good 65-85% reduction in bump steer. I'm curious to see what numbers we would get on a Miata setup for track/HPDE conditions. If anyone is planning on installing a bump steer kit on their Miata I'd be happy to plot a before and after if you let me use that information. We have only had the rack for about a month now but none of the Miatas we've had on it were using roll center adjusters. Here is what it looked like the day it was installed for those who are curious:

Anyone even make a bump steer kit for a Miata??

Was that car at MSR back in the middle of May?
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green
    Looking for my next car...

Yes it was, we are at MSR and ECR pretty frequently.

I've been highly considering a bump steer kit on a miata recently. I was looking up videos on bump steer just a few days ago. Does anyone make a kit? I've been so busy that I haven't looked to see if anybody makes a kit.

Also, an NB owner was having a problem with turn in? WTF? The NB has significantly better steering compared to an NA. What suspension setup and how low was the car?