Thread: My new work project showed up

Default My new work project showed up

My next work project showed up yesterday. We are replacing all of the Network switch hardware at our corporate office and Ft. Worth warehouse including our datacenter.

Received 2 Cisco Catalyst 6509e core switches and 15 Cisco Catalyst 3750 edge switches yesterday. I have to have them installed by the end of September without taking the datacenter down. It's going to be a fun project.

Sounds like you have a bit of work on your hands
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

Out of curiosity, what will you be doing with the stuff you're pulling out? I am the reseller sales manager for my company, and would LOVE to see a list of what you're pulling...if it'd be available for purchase of course.

Yes, it will be avialable. I will get the hardware list for each device and forward it to you. I don't think you want the Cisco Cat 5500s they are beyond EOL as far as Cisco is concerned.
    The 2 - Cat 6500 chassis we are replacing are still supported but all of the cards in them have been EOLed.

We will have about 8 or 9 catalyst 3500 switches available they work well but don't support PoE.

Is that more powerful than a TI 99?
    Bobby

RED RULES!
    90 Miata, 04 Rubicon, 05 Boxster

A list would be great! Even the EOL stuff if you don't mind. Some of our end users are tiny mom and pop type places that refuse to update if at all possible - there might be a nugget or two in there. But yes, most likely it will be useless.

As to that, we also do all kinds of recycling, with full reporting (we're ISO 14001 certified) and such if needed for all your EOL gear.

Thanks

Some major companies like the one I work for still use stuff that was EOL long before they got it.
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica