Thread: seen on Ebay - nb coilovers cheap

Default seen on Ebay - nb coilovers cheap

Raceland coilovers off a 96, $275!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Racel...ht_2840wt_1167
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

fits 93-97 (NA) not a bad price though.

New at Racelandus.com for $298 with free shipping.
    Linkie:

Or NB models same price.
    Linkie:
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

wow...crazy cheap. NM
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Driver
    The Enclave at The Villages of Deer Run at Quail Arroyo Estates de Chandelier Crossing
    Blog Entries

Cheaper than AGXs alone... but are they any good?

Reviews on m.net and cr.net har been less than stellar. They're just good for lowering but lacking badly in the performance department.

Quote Originally Posted by redmenace View Post
    Cheaper than AGXs alone... but are they any good?
    From what I have read, the biggest problem with them is that they use the same spring rate for front and back (IIRC, 350), making the car too tail happy. This can be combated with changing the rear springs to a softer rate for about $75 more, or putting a huge sway bar on the front and loosing the rear sway bar. Those looking for nothing more that lots of height adjustability have been happy with them as is. I have read a few posts from people who autocross or track that said their times did improve a decent amount over stock suspension once the tail-happiness was dealt with. The Bottom line is, most of the owners say that it is better than stock, but really just an interim solution until they can afford something better.

We ran Raceland coilovers on our 24 hours of lemons civic for two races and were happy with them for $230 shipped. They lowered the car enough, but the struts are complete trash. After the first race three of the four were blown and two were bent. OEM parts are of much higher quality, I would save my money for a real shock.

Driver
    The Enclave at The Villages of Deer Run at Quail Arroyo Estates de Chandelier Crossing
    Blog Entries

Wow, that's a pretty poor performance from something marketed as a race product. Did you follow up with the company to see if your set was a fluke?

(edited to add...)

Quote Originally Posted by raceland.us
    This product is intended to be used only in race cars and or show vehicles. The Raceland coil over kit is not to be installed in vehicles driven on public roads.
    Warranty: Raceland offers a 2 year warranty with free replacement if properly installed by a licensed mechanic.
    Last edited by redmenace; 10-22-2010 at 01:13 PM.

I *think* they have a lable on them that says for street use only... I thought I read that on one of the review threads on the other boards.

If you are looking for bargain basement coilovers, I think the FM V-Maxx is the starting point. Initial reviews sound decent but long term reliability is still in question. FM supplied two Targa Newfoundland cars with the V-Maxx. I think reports were good, but I haven't seen a detailed write of their experience (if there is one yet).
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green
    Looking for my next car...