Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Texas Time Trials Events in October/November

Default Texas Time Trials Events in October/November

Texas Time Trials is having 3 events at Mineral Wells in October and November. The dates are October 9th, October 30th, and another event on November 20th. Come out for tons of seat time and no standing around shagging cones! There are 2 separate sessions, one in the morning and one in the afternoon and you can choose either. The cost is $45 for first time attendees, or $40 if you have been to one of our events before.

October 9th
    http://www.clubregistration.net/index.cfm?direct=3164
    October 30th
    http://www.clubregistration.net/index.cfm?direct=3165
    November 20th
    http://www.clubregistration.net/index.cfm?direct=3166

Our events have a VERY low entry cap to make sure everyone gets a ton of seat time. So don't wait until the last second to sign up!

For more info as well as pics and videos from previous events check out:
    www.texastimetrials.com

Sigh... signed up for morning of the 30th. I'll make sure to bring both cameras and the datalogger this time.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Sigh... signed up for morning of the 30th. I'll make sure to bring both cameras and the datalogger this time.
    I have an Intercomp timing transponder and beacon you can borrow if you need extra backup too :)
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Well never mind. I really should check my calendar before signing up for things.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

In for the 30th... I like to go fast.

See you there and my award.

Quote Originally Posted by slowchildmiata View Post
    See you there and my award.
    LOL! I hear you set a new record number of laps. I have a feeling that one will stand for a loooooong time! Have you recovered yet?

Yeah it took a day but ready for some more. BTW remind me about the OBD reader while we are out there if you are still wanting to borrow it.

Will also have fresh tires to run for next event.

Actually I picked up an ELM327 bluetooth OBDII interface that's supposed to work with RaceChrono. Haven't tried it yet though.

How's the Sentra build coming along?

I got the suspension on it, have the head taken apart on my bench, and a trans apart to work on on the garage floor... but otherwise not much real progress.

Been spending more time working on the miata. Still throwing codes every race, but never on the street. Just keep fixing problems with the supercharger kit design... That for some reason only I have.

See yall Saturday.

In - do I still get a rookie T-shirt?

Also in.

Is the course going to run clockwise or counterclockwise? Some of my tires are showing more ware than others and I would like to even them out.

So what time are the two sessions?
    If I work till 1pm and cant get there till 2pm, is that too late?
    SOLD: 91 Mazda Miata "Grand Sport" - FM V-Maxx coilovers, FM sways, Hard Dog roll bar, stock 1.6L running strong, 15" Star Specs, 96 Grand Sport paint
    - 85 GMC S15 Jimmy "the Tyclone" - LT1 350ci V8, AWD, Typhoon interior, 18" C5 wheels, 96 Grand Sport paint

Quote Originally Posted by wrx74 View Post
    In - do I still get a rookie T-shirt?
    Sure, PM me your size.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Is the course going to run clockwise or counterclockwise? Some of my tires are showing more ware than others and I would like to even them out.
    Counterclockwise

Quote Originally Posted by GregW View Post
    So what time are the two sessions?
    If I work till 1pm and cant get there till 2pm, is that too late?
    Morning is around 8-Noon Afternoon is around 1 until everyone wants to go home. 2pm would probably be a little to late to show up.

Is anyone going this Saturday? This is still happening right?
    SOLD: 91 Mazda Miata "Grand Sport" - FM V-Maxx coilovers, FM sways, Hard Dog roll bar, stock 1.6L running strong, 15" Star Specs, 96 Grand Sport paint
    - 85 GMC S15 Jimmy "the Tyclone" - LT1 350ci V8, AWD, Typhoon interior, 18" C5 wheels, 96 Grand Sport paint

For sure happening rain or shine.

I will be there in the afternoon. Did you sign up?

So big congrats to Nathan (slowchildmiata) for setting a new record for most number of laps completed in one day. The new record is 75 laps which will probably stand for a long time! Here is a picture of the trophy:

Nathan get's to hold onto this until someone beats his record!

Quote Originally Posted by GregW View Post
    Is anyone going this Saturday? This is still happening right?
    Yeah the event is actually almost full. Only 2 spots left, one morning and one afternoon. You should come on out! You'll probably know a lot of the people there from autox.

I'm not 100% sure what it is that happens there. It's an autocross with no workers and you just keep running laps over and over?

Not as tight as an autocross course - more track-like. Yes - multiple laps. Pick up what you knock down after your laps - then the next car goes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast