Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Equipe Rapide awards ceremony

Default Equipe Rapide awards ceremony

The Equipe Rapide awards ceremony is on December 4th at the Elks Lodge in Grapevine. I will have more details over the next couple of weeks. Please email me at [email protected] if you plan to attend.

Thanks,
    Andy Cost
    Humble Servant - Equipe Rapide

I'm going to try to attend. Being the season for parties and banquets, I will know more as we get closer.

We plan on going as well. Nice little facility in the shadow of the Gaylord & good food for the price.

I'm in. Last year it was the best party of the year, at which I received an award.
    Watching Jimmie S. get tanked and do the Star Spangled Banner on a flaming kazoo was priceless!
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

We will furnish games and door prizes. Bring your own flaming kazoos.
    Andy Cost

Funnel Cakes?

I thought there was going to be a fist fight over some of the cheap trinkets I spread out on the tables last year. Who would have thought a bunch of grown men and women would be so aggressive over a racecar shaped beach ball.
    Andy Cost

I have been hammered with all kinds of stuff at home and work. I've also been working on the season points and other special projects for ER. Anyway, I've been delinquent in getting the details out for the awards banquet. This year it will be $10 each pay at the door. I have been taking RSVPs at [email protected] The event will start at 7 PM. We are serving fajitas buffet style and you will have a choice of chicken or beef.

I will be writing a Prez Sezz and posting the same info on our website.

Thanks,
    Andy Cost

Actually, It is changed to $10 prepay through paypal at [email protected] or $15 at the door. Either way, you need to RSVP so I'll know how many fajitabeast to kill and skin.
    Andy Cost

This is a reminder that I need your RSVP's and $10 paypal today. We have to know how many fajitabeast to kill and skin. If you don't want to paypal $10 then you can pay cash at the door $15. I'm calling the caterer today at 4 so if you aren't on the list by then you will have to do a bunch of gluteal smooching to get by the bouncer on Saturday. Paypal to [email protected]. Details on the website.
    Andy Cost

Paid.

We are giving a cone killer award this year. Any guesses on who will win?
    Andy Cost

Robert Alston
    Polished Turd Racing

J-Fo
    M3 is always the answer.

While adding them up it became apparent that there were a few regular offenders. Some stood head and shoulders above the rest. While I rounded out the top 25, Mike beat me barely to take the 24th spot. Ken had the honor of being in the top 10. J-FO and Drifter are right up at the top of the list but I'm not going to reveal their actual ranking until the party.
    Andy Cost

Carl Porter won the toy car race and Katelyn Johnson won the cone killer award. We had a wonderful time handing out trophies with screaming slingshot monkeys flying overhead.

Here are the only three images that didn't turn out fuzzy.

Andy Cost

The party was a fun evening, and the food was great. Anyone who thought about it and didn't go ought to give it a shot next year; its fun to sit and chat with all the drivers you normally only see for a few minute at events.

Screaming monkey's are my new favorite toy; these should be on tables at all formal events. I think White House press briefings would be must-see-TV if they had these!
    Polished Turd Racing

Congrats to the winners, especially those on hand.

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    The party was a fun evening, and the food was great. Anyone who thought about it and didn't go ought to give it a shot next year; its fun to sit and chat with all the drivers you normally only see for a few minute at events.

Screaming monkey's are my new favorite toy; these should be on tables at all formal events. I think White House press briefings would be must-see-TV if they had these!
    Wish we could have been there. Sure it beat the black tie affair I had to attend at the Omni with Sharon's employer...

Congrats to all the winners.

Steve E

Quote Originally Posted by nomadtrash View Post
    While adding them up it became apparent that there were a few regular offenders. Some stood head and shoulders above the rest. While I rounded out the top 25, Mike beat me barely to take the 24th spot. Ken had the honor of being in the top 10. J-FO and Drifter are right up at the top of the list but I'm not going to reveal their actual ranking until the party.
    Andy,

Any chance we can get the cone results posted? I'm sure some would want to see where they finished. Plus they need to know what type of carnage they need to inflict to keep up with Katelyn and I
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast