Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GT5 finally...

Why ramp it up? If they wanted that to be an option, fine, but the most important improvement I was expecting in GT5 was damage. It isn't there, even at lvl18, so when do they plan on "ramping" it in? They should have had different levels of damage from impacts you can adjust, just like they vary TCS and ABS and everything else.

Another gripe - customizable tranny can only be adjusted by top speed, not individual gears. It looks like it might "ramp up" to being able to do that, but just another continuing list of downgrades they made form GT4. Who the hell designed this game? Surely not the forward-thinkers who designed GT4 with all the options available for you to control. I am still trying to figure out what the licenses do, since they now have levels for you to get into the races. I got the first license, but I don't see where it matters. And I got a message that said I opened up some endurance events...but I can't find where they are so I can race them. MOAR WTF!!!
    Wealth, power, and experience are apparently not enough to save us from social influences. Groupthink, as described by I.L.Janis, is the tendency for group members to reach a consensus opinion, even if that decision is downright stupid (Janis 1982).

I can't remember if you get full damage at lvl 20, or 40... In any event, I agree. They should let you turn it on from the start if you want it. I have other gripes with the game. The transmission is one of them. Others: AI is terrible. No Brake upgrades.

Gripes aside, I still enjoy its Gran Turismoness and will continue to play the game. I finally unlocked the Nuruburgring last night. I'll never tire of lapping it. The game is EASILY worth the $60 just to drive it. I also got some message that I unlocked a 4hr enduro at the ring (but as you mentioned, I don't know where to find it yet).

Have you messed with the track creator yet? I completely forgot about it until today. I'll have to give that a try...
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green
    Looking for my next car...

the AI is slightly improved from GT4....they don't ALWAYS run their line regardless of you being there, but now they do adjust their line on occasion in GT5. I created one track, and driven maybe half of it (I did the biggest one). The 'Ring is on GT4, and I have done HOURS AND HOURS on it, seeing the best times I could get with a stock Miata, and then doing one mod at a time to see the improvement.

The brakes never did anything on GT4, so I don't care if they don't have them in GT5...unless they were gonna actually work, they I would like to have the option.

So I'm not the only one who got the message and doesn't know where the hell it is??? NICE!! GT5 is gonna be the most hyped failure of a game ever. I still think a game magazine hit it right on the head...it should be called GT4.5, cause it sure isn't enough improvement to make it a new game.
    Wealth, power, and experience are apparently not enough to save us from social influences. Groupthink, as described by I.L.Janis, is the tendency for group members to reach a consensus opinion, even if that decision is downright stupid (Janis 1982).

A quick Google search turned up that access to the endurance races unlock when you hit level 25, and they will appear above Extreme races.

I think it's fun, but all the delays and hype built it up too much. It's an evolution of an already good game. GT1 was the revolutionary title. It's good, but not epic. I think it's a fun break from iracing. If I want to play "the real driving simulator" I'll be driving iracing.
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green
    Looking for my next car...

thanks Titan. Why do you get a message saying you can (before lvl18, don't remember exactly) do it, and then you really can't till lvl 25?

I was up playing all night, started out with an 89 NA Miata, Got a 89 Twin Turbo ZX, 96 RX7 Twin Turbo, Few Prize cars and raced a few ppl online

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12