Thread: WTB driver's side top latch

Default WTB driver's side top latch

My driver's side top latch is quasi broken. An have an extra one?
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green
    Looking for my next car...

I have a set of latches off my old soft top I can part with, but I don't think they'll fit your NA... Rosenthal lists two different latches, one for 1990-2003, and another for 2003-2005. Mine are the latter.
    "The fact is that if you want a sports car, the MX-5 is perfect. Nothing on the road will give you better value.
    Nothing will give you so much fun. The only reason I’m giving it five stars is because I can’t give it 14." - Jeremy Clarkson

'04 Mazdaspeed MX-5 #1682, Velocity Red born 3/17/2004 Habanero
    Hard Dog HCHTDD, 15x8 Silver 6UL, 225/45 Hankook RS3, Tein Flex, More coming soon...

Mine is a 99, but if they're 03 or later I guess they won't work...
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green

Driver

Is it broken in that it won't stay shut? That's a common problem and a 15 minute fix with a screw with keep it shut. It's in the garage on m.net.

The tab that keeps it closed until you press the release button fracture and won't stay latched.
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green

As Goofygrin said, if it is just worn, you can fix it. Here is a link from M.net showing the repair.

Linkie:
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

I have an old set from my 94. Not pretty, but they worked when I replaced them with a nicer set. you can have them if they'll fit.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

My mistake, I forgot the post where you got the '99... for some reason I thought you still had the old BRG.

Jiggerachi's is a good offer. Those bad boys ain't TCB friendly.
    "The fact is that if you want a sports car, the MX-5 is perfect. Nothing on the road will give you better value.
    Nothing will give you so much fun. The only reason I’m giving it five stars is because I can’t give it 14." - Jeremy Clarkson

'04 Mazdaspeed MX-5 #1682, Velocity Red born 3/17/2004 Habanero
    Hard Dog HCHTDD, 15x8 Silver 6UL, 225/45 Hankook RS3, Tein Flex, More coming soon...

Tried to PM you about the latches. I'd love to give them a try. Let me know when I can come pick them up.
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green

Sorry i;ve been busy with holiday stuff the last few days. It appears my subscription ran out and my inbox is over limit now. Email me at g r e m s t e r 3 0 0 0 (gmail, no spaces) while I work out the subscription thing.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution