Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Airbag light?

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

I tell everyone I drive a Ford.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    3. Crack it open to see the guts!
    Yup... leaking caps. Look at the staining on the copper traces around C7 and between C17 and that CPU chip.

Also, that 1/2 black 1/2 white part to the left of the transistor with the heat sink is the thermal fuse wrapped inside a heating element. That transistor with the heat sink is used to activate the heating element and blow the fuse. It truly is a module that can commit suicide.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Got this link off of my post on Miata.net - http://www.airbagsystems.com/computer.html
    $50
    plus return shipping cost.

SHIP FIRST - PAY LATER !
    We accept Visa, Mastercard, Debit Cards and Paypal.
    How it works
    Package your Computer.
    Enclose contact information: Name, Address, and Phone Number.
    Tell us what you are sending: Vehicle Year, Make and Model.
    We will contact you once we receive your package and verify the return shipping address and collect payment. ( Overnight Returns are available )
    If you want to exchange a computer call us first and we will check inventory. There is a core charge on exchange computers.
    All Inbound shipments to us are FREE from within The United States.
    This doesn't sound like a bad deal to get it fixed.
    And it wasn't a bad way to go!

I sent it in they took a peek at it and sent me a freshly rebuilt and tested unit (may even be the one I sent them). No more flashy flashy light!

Grand total $59.00!

Well in College Station 2 weeks ago the airbag light started flashing code 52. On the way home at about Hearne, TX. we stopped for gas and the car started making 5 beeps from somewhere deep in the dash. Made it home fine parked it and drove my Toyota since it has beeter A/.C in the 100+ weather we have been having.

I take off earlier yesterday to run some errands with Evill KK and we decide to take the POSIV but she is as dead as a mackerel. No clicks no lights no nothing.

Hook up my charger and we just leave the POSIV sit.

This morning I walk out in the garage and the car makes the 5 beeps from somewhere deep in the dash.... I think I have a good idea what killed my battery..... No keys in it nothing but she still beeps??

Is the round deal marked TT92 in the following picture a buzzer of some sort?

Quote Originally Posted by trickyrix View Post
    I know we're all TCB members around here, but if you want to make sure the airbag works in your daughter's car, you might need to just pony up for a new control unit. If I wanted to be sure it was going to fire when needed, I'm not sure I'd trust a rebuilt unit. I mean, the only real way you can test it is to install it in the car then go hit something, right?

Just sayin...
    Well I have finally decided to take trickyrix's advice new controller will be here on Tuesday...

To kill the constant battery killing beeping I disconnected the old unit.

Ohhh Ahhh all new and shiny!

Doesn't look any different that the original.

Quote Originally Posted by wrx74 View Post
    Where did you get it?
    MAZDASPEED Motorsports Development.

Oh no it was made in Canada! Most Canadians only know how to drink beer and play hockey.
    "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional." Haruki Murakami

Quote Originally Posted by Flyin96M View Post
    Oh no it was made in Canada! Most Canadians only know how to drink beer and play hockey.
    I was really hoping for one that said Hecho en México. But no I had to get the lower quality Canadian one....

A one year only airbag control unit. What did they get you for? Besides said daughter you were trying to protect...

My '92 is on again, off again, slowly dieing. At least it has three more model years (and the infinite number of Ford Taurai) to cannablize.
    Currently Miata-less... 2007 Brilliant Black NC PRHT, to replace 2006 Winning Blue NC, to replace 2002 SE, to replace 1993 LE #1322 and so on and so on...

Quote Originally Posted by mildensteve View Post
    A one year only airbag control unit. What did they get you for?
    I was shocked I got it shipped to my door for under $140.00!

What the heck lets pull that dash apart again....

I'm hoping this airbag controller last more that 6-7 months.....

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Flyin96M View Post
    I had to replace the one in my car and the part number changed from 95-96. In 96 they did away with all the remote sensors and built them into the airbag computer and placed it in the hardest possible spot to get to.
    Well my Air Bag light came on today while on my way to work so it looks like I get to tear the dash out again. I was considering having it rebuilt, but after reading the results POS had I think I will pass. So Titus you still have that one from the 96 you parted out?

Send me a pic of what it looks like and I will dig through the boxes.

I don't have any pics since it is buried in the dash. I'll see if I can find something on MN.net

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123