Thread: Got Red out today.

Default Got Red out today.

I finally got Red out over the week end. When I went to Shreveport to pick it up it did not start. We had to push it up onto the trailer. After about an hour Monkey and I finally decided that it was the fuel pump. Check on the prices on a new fuel pump, 130.00 bucks ouch . So I removed the old fuel pump, messed with it and it start to work. After putting it all back together, presto she started right up. It had a little miss but soon cleared up, so I drove thru the mud to the road, and took her for a little spin. She ran strong, no smoke or any other problems. The clutch does feel a little funny, but it had not been driven in about 4 months, so it just may need to be “cleaned” off.

Now my dilemma, to keep it, sells it complete or part it out.

1. Keeping it. Wife is not big on this idea and neither am I. But you can never have too many cars right? If I keep it I’d have to sell either the white or black. The white one I just did the 1.8 conversion on and I really like the car. The White is ready to race, except for a few little things that will take more time than money to fix. I want to keep Black, it’s a good daily drive, i.e. COLD ac, and plus its got windows and a top! So keeping Red is not realistic.

2. Sell it complete. If I sell it complete, I could be “rid” of it relativity soon and have CASH to finish up White.

3. Part if out. If I part it out I could make more money in the long run, but have the hassle of sell parts on ebay or pointy board. So far the “fire sale” has not netted me very much cash.

Soooooo, what to do?

I’m open to suggestions

the cars:

OR
    I could do this with the shell.
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

Depending on If you sell it cheap enough, I might be intrested. I'm dying to get back into a miata. What year is it and that good stuff.

edit. nevermind I see its preped as a race car (no windshield) wouldnt make a good candidate for me a daily driver.
    2013 Mazda2 slushbox daily
    1993 Miata (future exocet donor)

Quote Originally Posted by BigDmiata
    edit. nevermind I see its preped as a race car (no windshield) wouldnt make a good candidate for me a daily driver.
    Do bugs in teeth not appeal to you?
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

I drove the red one yesterday....loved it! I don't know what's more cool 1. Having a stripped and lightened NA1 w/ 1.8 and a few goodies or
    2. Having a completly stripped NA1 w/ 1.6 and a few goodies with the "wind in your face" freedom. Oh yeah, the push button start is a pretty cool mod on the red one too!

Just noticed.........This makes my 100th post

Samm's Idea of an AUV (Autocross Utility Vehicle)

It's probably got a Torsen to boot
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

I like the trailer...wanna sell it?
    Heck, I like the car too, but would either be killed, or at least have divorce papers served if I bought another race car...
    OzCop
    MSM
    "It's never too late to have a happy childhood!"