Thread: Help!!!!

Default Help!!!!

Hey guys I thought I'd give this a shot on the off chance someone might have an answer for me.
    I've got a 95 M 5spd 150k with a jackson racing supercharger (6psi), WB that is wired for narrowband (factory style). I recently had it just cut all power to the motor while driving (never had a problem leading up to this) and not want to restart. Upon trying to restart the car when it stopped it burnt the black with green striped wire leading from the MAF plug into the harness. At the same time for some reason the fuel pump fuse blew too.

We have took parts off a running car and swapped out the CAS, coilpacks, MAF, and fuel pump, and spliced in a length of wire to replace the damaged one but the car refuses to stay running. It will start up and run up to 2k smoothly and then come down to around 800 rpm for a couple of seconds and then proceed to start to die. When you feather the gas it will die but if you pump it you can get it to stay running but really all it is doing is stumbling till you let it die or it does anyway. And it hasn't thrown any codes within the last 2 days. Any ideas? I'm dying to get it back up and running as it is my only car and I am getting tired of riding a motorcycle in the rain and cold.
    I'm not speeding officer, I'm qualifying!!!

92 Red (sold)
    2006 ZX6R 636 (sold)
    99 S10 ZQ8 (sold)
    95 Merlot M
    05 GSXR 600 (To buy my house)

My first thought is damage to the fuel pump, since it did blow the fuse.

Edit: oops, didnt' see that part. :)
    Last edited by OZMDD; 02-25-2011 at 01:51 PM.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Swapped that

92 Red (sold)
    2006 ZX6R 636 (sold)
    99 S10 ZQ8 (sold)
    95 Merlot M

Chassis Designer

I don't know the answer. From your description I would look for a short circuit somewhere, but I'm guessing.

Call TrackDog or Flyin' Miata. I bet either one of them can tell you the problem instantly.

Does the IAC valve make the humming noise? Those guys are becoming notorious for acting up.
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

Quote Originally Posted by cwisenheimer View Post
    Call TrackDog or Flyin' Miata. I bet either one of them can tell you the problem instantly.
    +1

Gary at TrackDog is the man!!!!
    Nothing like the whine of a SC at full throttle!

Trey- would that going out make the car just quit even though it was warmed up an had been driving from lewisville to McKinney?

92 Red (sold)
    2006 ZX6R 636 (sold)
    99 S10 ZQ8 (sold)
    95 Merlot M

Drifty,

What happened? Did you find the problem?