Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Snow Day!!

Default Snow Day!!

Well Kids school canceled classes.... Wife called in because she didn't want to go out and drive around the idiots. So I guess I'll stay home!!!

Wooooot!

same here!
    - luis
    '99 NB1

The closed the UNT Denton campus last night. Thought that was odd. But my work is still open It is always open

Sittin at the office. There are maybee 20 cars in the parking lot.

Well I can tell you there is no IT support at the Dallas Fannie Mae office today. The rest of the guys and I decided not to come in. Looks like a good day to catch up on "training" and Black Ops.
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

I'm working from home today. Just not worth taking the risk in weather like this.
    "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional." Haruki Murakami

I wonder how this will affect press day for 5000 reporters for the super bowl.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Quote Originally Posted by Flyin96M View Post
    I'm working from home today. Just not worth taking the risk in weather like this.
    Same here.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie View Post
    I wonder how this will affect press day for 5000 reporters for the super bowl.
    I heard it is still on and the press and both teams are at the stadium.
    "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional." Haruki Murakami

I came outside to the Miata to try to go to work, and noticed it was surrounded by 3" worth of ice and snow. I cleared a patch with a shovel and tried to move but my rear end instantly swooped around and hit the curb. Looks like I'm not going to work.

I think this the first weather day I've ever taken. Just not worth the hassle to find a ghost town at work.
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

Not even gonna make an attempt to get downtown. Have the laptop and drawings I can work on from home.
    2013 Mazda2 slushbox daily
    1993 Miata (future exocet donor)

working from home, office day on Tuesdays, just conference in for meetings, business as usual till the ice clears

Apparently the weather is supposed to stay below 20* all day, so I don't think the ice is going anywhere. We might have a snow day tomorrow too.

Got an automated call from the office saying it was closed until noon. Boss said don't go in at all. Working from home today!
    '92

There are 23 people total in the building right now. That includes the 7 from IT that are here. Even my boss is at home. he never works from home.

Maybee they will let us leave here soon.

6 inches out here in the sticks
    99 Miata Black

I drove halfway in to work from Euless in the Element, very slowly. At a downhill intersection I managed to slide completely through a redlight at less than 5mph... almost sideways. Turned around and went home.

I have some critical stuff going on today, tried to log in and good ole Time Warner decided to sh*t the bed again. Now i'm tethering from my cellphone to the laptop, VPN into my work PC, virtual desktop from there into about 4 servers...all through my cell phone. Technology is amazing nowadays.

The west must have got hit harder than the east. Couple of my coworkers, including my boss, made it into the office just fine. My boss drove all the way to Coppell from Rowlett "I just hit a little slush, no big deal." It took me almost 10 minutes to get out of my own neighborhood here in Euless.
    Last edited by Jiggerachi; 02-01-2011 at 11:35 AM.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Niece called a while ago. She lives less than a mile from her work. When she went out this morning, her battery was dead. She decided to walk to work. After she fell down the third time before getting out of her apartment complex she went back inside, called her bosses and put an ice pack on her twisted ankle.

Yesterday, I told the people I was meeting in downtown Dallas this morning that it wasn't happening.

So far, I have been very productive from home today. No, really. It could happen.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Working from home through VPN as usual, but hoping that I get afflicted with the VPN problems that seem to be hitting everyone else at work. Grrrrr.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast