Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Turbo vs supercharger

Just my advise.
    I personally think all miatas should be boosted. They hold up great and don't give trouble at low boost.
    If you want high boost. Plan on problems.

150hp goal. I would think of nothing but boost, and would push 190hp via turbo dead reliable. I would just max safe RPMs for M45.
    After that hp, things can get hairy.

Track.....I would go supercharger. Street I would go either. All out power and drag racing..... Nothing but turbo. (I haven't ridden in a M62, I would check that out before deciding)

My experance: Superchargers can be controlled better out of the hole, and turbos suck them up on straights. So which do you prefer control or power.

Either way....I say boost but stop at 10psi and run bandaids, and a WBO2. After 10psi you need management and get ready to tune all the time.

Most people say bandaids suck. But if you use them like you should they are best. But after 10psi get AWAY FROM THEM! The have a purpose... low boost.
    With low boost they are wounderful.

If you want 11psi plus, GET managment! It is the only way to go....Unless you like piston chunks......

In a nut shell. I would go either SC or Turbo, run a intercooler, WBO2, bandaids and stay 10 or less. You won't have problems that way.
    Last edited by toddcod; 04-11-2011 at 11:22 PM.

Anyone care to ellaborate on the "Rotrex has an easier upgrade path to 250" comment? I would have thought turbos would be the way to go if you wanted to make over 230 reliably... (I know there are SC's out there making more).
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green
    Looking for my next car...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234