Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Texas ProSolo March 26-27

I'm in, 72 STS. Save me a donut.
    Thanks JJ.
    M3 is always the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by ken o View Post
    I'm in, 72 STS. Save me a donut.
    Thanks JJ.
    Haven't you figured out yet that you don't fit in a Miata?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Haven't you figured out yet that you don't fit in a Miata?
    Aren't you schedule for some old man type procedure on that day?
    M3 is always the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by ken o View Post
    Aren't you schedule for some old man type procedure on that day?
    Don't worry, I'll be there this weekend. Remind me to beat you with my walker, scooter boy.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Don't worry, I'll be there this weekend. Remind me to beat you with my walker, scooter boy.
    Remember if it last for more than 4 hours, a fruit basket is a nice thank you gift.
    M3 is always the answer.

Couple of quick notes -

From what a few people say, Hwy 114 will have major closures this weekend. If you takes this route to get to Mineral Wells, you might want to find another path.

Also, the weather looks like it will stay dry for the event with only a small chance of rain late Sunday. Saturday will be nice & warm. But, the temps will be dropping on Sunday!!

We'll have 2 to 3 charities selling food on site Saturday & Sunday. Don't forget there's a Welcome party Friday night & a party Saturday night. Both are free for entrants!

See ya out there!
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

Vorschlag put on a heck of a great party/dinner on Saturday night last week, so I'm expecting a similarly-good event tomorrow night. Don't leave too early!
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Another event, another miata_racer pic. He was driving through paddock like this...
    Attached Images Attached Images

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Good food tonight!!!
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Mike is currently 2/10ths behind Disimo in 2nd lace in STR. He had the lead this morning, but couldn't pick up any time this afternoon. I'm in 5th, about a tenth out of third at the moment. Left a lot of time on the led course looking for a clean run, plan to take care of that in the morning and move up to the podium.

Now it's time to drink some beer!
    Iain

Beer is evil
    Polished Turd Racing

Thanks to all who put on the event. It was fun watching the challenges at the end. I don't think anyone could complain about not getting enough runs.

Competition was high, I have some work to do. Only complaint was it was pretty darn cold today.

Quote Originally Posted by jbh View Post
    Thanks to all who put on the event. It was fun watching the challenges at the end. I don't think anyone could complain about not getting enough runs.

Competition was high, I have some work to do. Only complaint was it was pretty darn cold today.
    Awesome fun and my first Solo. Thanks to Vorshlag for the BBQ, SCCA for a great event even though ose of us who worked first got relieved 30 minutes late every time because they f'ed up the 2 driver cars and held up impound. Also special thanks to JJ for the great course and the aspirin this morning. I drank a little beer this weekend I think. The Austin crew sure was a lot of fun.

As a side note, I was non competitive in my class (race tire 1) but when I look at my times against all my usual competitors I was a lot closer than normal. I was only a second or two behind rather than my previous 3-4. So look out, the spin doctor is coming for you!

Wow - what a great event. My first Pro, and I'm hooked. Hopefully this event will kick off a resurgence in Pro attendance in Texas specifically, and in this part of the country in general. We need more events with this format!

Once again the Maxcy's have somehow out-done their previous efforts in event management, providing a first class affair all the way around. Big props to Vorshlag for sponsoring the Saturday night party, and to Hyper Fuels for the Friday night bash. Also big thanks to all the TX Region folks who stuck around to work the Challenge so those of us lucky enough to get a shot at it could still play with cars. There were several people who drove out to help who didn't compete! You guys rock.

Looking at the calendar Blytheville is sneaking up on us fast. If you missed this one you need to catch the Pro stop in Arkansas. Don't let the three little letters spelling 'Pro' keep you away. The event logistics are a little different than a 'regular' autocross, but the staff and competitors are just as helpful as a regional event and they make sure you know where to be and when.

Two thumbs up, Highly recommended, Rock-n-Roll, etc, etc, etc...
    Last edited by Solo RX-7; 03-27-2011 at 06:48 PM.
    A Z06 is just like a Miata, but with the other half of the motor . . .

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

What they all said ^^^^^

JRJ laid down courses even POS would have liked!

The real story was J FO. He blew in this morning, worked the first heat and took it all in the second heat on two courses he never even got to walk

Where he'd been was a matter of discussion. The official story is that he flew in from Argentina, but when I suggested that the reason for his incredible speed was that he was actually in Columbia and still had a nose full of candy, he only laughed uncontrollably. Now I know where he gets all the money for cars.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

I drove to 2nd place in CS today courtesy of Kenny Baker. Thanks Kenny for the great ride and the advice. Kenny knows how to give out just enough help so it doesn't overload a simple minded driver. Thanks again.

Results - http://www.scca.org/popup/raceresult...7167&file=1279

Hated to miss this one sounds like you guys had a blast.....

Truly a great event, and a fun format. I'm thrilled with the help JonW, JFo, Iain, JJ and others have given me in improving my skills to get to a second trophy in as many weeks at a National-level event. I had a frustrating day today on cold Hankooks, but it was still an exceptional experience.

Texas Region represented very well on and off the course. It was easy to have fun, get around and get info/ask questions. Terrific courses JJ; not too hard, but each unique enough to make you really work to get the best times.

It might be worth looking into the idea of a local pro-solo format event; two clubs could combine timing equipment, and MW obviously has plenty of room for two good courses.
    Polished Turd Racing

ER has all the equipment necessary to put on a pro. We have a two day event every year in November. We used to do a mirrorcross on the Saturday. We could still do that if there was enough interest.
    Andy Cost
    Humble Servant - Equipe Rapide

Hats off to all the Texas Region folk who made this event happen, especially the ones like onething who were there strictly to volunteer. You guys put on a great event!

Kudos to jrj512for a pair of great courses. Best ProSolo I've ever attended.

Congratulations to ozmdd for two trophy finishes in as many weeks at National level events. Not only has he trophied at his first Tour and his first Pro, but he made the Super Challenge at his first Pro. Good job buddy - you drove the wheels off this weekend and you deserved it.

J-Fo has to be the story of the weekend though - he was in Buenos Aires last week (he really was, Hal. ) for some family function. He was supposed to fly back overnight Friday, and was going to be in Mineral Wells in time for Saturday afternoon runs. Unfortunately, his flight was canceled. At the last minute his girlfriend was able to find him a seat on a flight that left Saturday night and landed at DFW at 6:20 this morning. So J-Fo flew overnight from South America, got off the plane, drove straight to Mineral Wells, got out of the truck just in time for his work assignment, and never saw the course. He only had two shots at each course, and he coned the first run on both. So with only one look at each course and one run for all the marbles, J-Fo laid the smack down on a very impressive class, including Madarash, Doc Strelniks, and his own co-driver Lugnut Jon, who finished 2nd. In fact, his times were fast enough that he not only won, but qualified 5th overall for the Super Challenge. One hell of a drive!
    Iain

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast