Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Texas Region SCCA, Event #1, March 6th

Well, today at Maverick PCA 102, I log over 27 miles of seat time! And we were done at 4:30PM. I don't remember I ever got 2.7 miles from SCCA at Pennington!

You guys just have to do w/o me tomorrow, as I will head back to Mineral Ring for more seat time!
    Gabriel

Hope you guys are haveing fun today. I'm stuck here at work But that gives me money, which gives me Miata, which gives me joy
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

The first SCCA event of the year went smooth! 130 some entries, everyone got their 4 runs and we were done around 3pm. Registration took me all of 2 minutes tops. The online pre-registration seems to have streamlined that process a bunch! So far so good!

Congrats to onething for taking honors in tire-class today (bastard! :P ). An MR2 took second, I took third and tailchaser took fourth.

lugnutjon squeeked out a victory against the general, and Kestrel fought off John B. for third place in CS.

Congrats also to Majik and Mark52 for taking 1st and 2nd in CSP!

The POS Racer finished solidly in Second in E-Stock!

Great MME showing guys!

Way to go Onething!

Out by 3, thats cool. Sammmmmmmm was that all of the Miatas that were there? HOw many total?

Wish I could of been there, work calls though.
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Ataim
    was that all of the Miatas that were there? HOw many total?
    I think there were around 15 Miata's total.

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    was that all of the Miatas that were there? HOw many total?
    I think there were around 15 Miata's (16 Drivers) total.
    Yea we had a decent Miata showing, just off the top of my head I recall 16 Miatas (Majik, Onething, Jon W., John B, General Default, Sammm, Tailchaser, Lost 213, Granddaughter of Lost 213, Mark52, Kestrel, Mark G, OZ Cop, Robert J., Plus A Nice 10AE, and a Red NA (I sadly never got to talk to those 2 guys) & Me!

Plus we had a special guest appearance from Altiain!

Results Posted

PAX Results

A good event and fast event results.

What about the Icard Gameboy results?
    What did you think about that?

Quote Originally Posted by general default
    Results Posted

PAX Results

Never saw results that fast last year. Maybe they have figured it out or just got lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by general default
    Results Posted

PAX Results

Never saw results that fast last year. Maybe they have figured it out or just got lucky.
    Phil A. definitely has it figured out.

35 to 40 second runs at Pennington with SCCA compaired to 84 to 95 second runs at Mineral Wells with ER. Umm, I thik I'll go to ER.

35 to 40 second runs at Pennington with SCCA compared to 84 to 95 second runs at Mineral Wells with ER. Umm, I thik I'll go to ER.
    ER doesn't have all their events at Mineral Wells Sparky!

The SCCA guys did a great job yesterday, it sure seemed like they were hitting on all cylinders and the event ran very smooth! Great job guy!

Congrats to Texas Region. Hopefully the smoothness of yesterday's event bodes well for the rest of the '05 season.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    35 to 40 second runs at Pennington with SCCA compared to 84 to 95 second runs at Mineral Wells with ER. Umm, I thik I'll go to ER.
    ER doesn't have all their events at Mineral Wells Sparky!

The SCCA guys did a great job yesterday, it sure seemed like they were hitting on all cylinders and the event ran very smooth! Great job guy!
    Look sparky, I'm slow ok, as in not really fast ok I do not Look ahead more that 2 weeks, it makes my head hurt. ok (unless I'm wearing my special hat)

I'm glad to here that the event went smoothly. I would go to all of the races if my wife would let me. 45 second runs and all :afro:

That was a great event. To tell the truth I wasn't really looking forward to an SCCA event since I dont get to make it to many events, I didnt want to have to be there all day for three runs. This was perfect, quick event, 4 runs, quick results. Great job guys!

Chassis Designer

So, were the '04 year end trophies handed out? Anybody pick mine up, Tailchaser, Altiain?
    David Smart
    Mazda MX5 Club - STR 194

Quote Originally Posted by Clovis
    So, were the '04 year end trophies handed out? Anybody pick mine up, Tailchaser, Altiain?
    I wasn't actually there there - I just swung by to see how the event was going, and lugnutjon handed me my year-end trophy. I dunno if anyone grabbed yours.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Clovis
    It was cold. Think "firewood".

It should be waiting for you at the next event.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Just a quick synopsis of what happened when I arrived at 6:30AM...
    I noticed a truck and trailer at the back of the paddock lot, and found the motorcycle school getting ready to unload, and take half our paddock space. I asked them to please move to the east lot, but they advised there were two other motorcycle classes on that lot already. They were un-phased that we may have 150 plus trucks, cars, and trailers and began dropping their cones to take up more space than they usually do. We had to change things quickly, so the course I had designed that could have given us another 10 seconds of track time was tossed, and we moved to the side entry location, and winged the course from there. It worked out pretty good since we were able to use the lot between the two buildings for grid, but still a bit tight entering and exiting the course, and the course was much shorter than I had planned. The guys did an excellent job in the face of adversity, and although we began the event 15 minutes late, we timed the final driver (me) at 3PM, and cleared the lot by 4. I apologize for not having trophies available, but if you got one, pick up youir glass mug embossed with the Texas Region SCCA logo at the next event on April 24....
    OzCop
    MSM
    "It's never too late to have a happy childhood!"

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by OzCop
    Just a quick synopsis of what happened when I arrived at 6:30AM...
    Y'all definately made the best of a bad situation. Job well done and I hope all the SCCA events this year go as smooth as the first one!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast