Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NTAXS Autocross #1, 3/12/11, Lone Star Park

Quote Originally Posted by jbh View Post
    You could probably tell her its generally not necessary to wear it on the couch unless you are having a pinata party indoors.
    Looks like she is just waiting on Jimmy to tell her what the safe word is for tonight......

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    Assuming that the event will exceed 49 entries, we will have four sweeper positions available for work assignments. The assignment will require that you work from 7:00 AM to 8:30 AM, and then again for 30 minutes during the lunch break. This will cover your work assignments for the event. Workers can use the NATXS brooms or bring their own gas-powered blowers.

Please contact me at jrj512 at dfwmx5 dot com if you are interested in this assignment.
    It does not look like we will get 50 people for the event. I went ahead and followed through with the one person that accepted my original offer. However, if anyone would like to pitch in and help, you are very welcome to do so, but it will not count as your work assignment. If you want to help, just grab a broom and find a spot that needs some sweeping.

Tentative run/work order:

Run 1&3/ Work 2&4: 1, 1R, 2R, 3, 3R

Run 2&4/ Work 1&3: 2, S2K
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

We pretty much always thank Jimmy Jan for the work he does to make events happen, but I want to give extra big props for the exceptional course he setup at Lone Star Park today! It was REALLY fast and still technical in spots. There was real risk/reward for speed in some of the turns, and I finished my last run with an adrenaline high! Damn fine job all around!

The weather was excellent, the surface was grippy, the event flowed quite well even with a lot of wind, and the spectating is really better at LSP than almost any other venue. Thanks to all the people who helped-out on the gravel sweeping and keeping the timing tent intact.

NTAXS FTW!
    Polished Turd Racing

Good meeting you guys! Looking forward to the next event
    - luis
    '99 NB1

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    The weather was excellent, the surface was gravelly...
    FIXED!

Good times. The S2000 was super twitchy, but I think we got if pretty dialed in by the end of the day.

Thanks OZMDD for letting me drive the NC! You've done a great job prepping the car. It's better than ever.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamoto View Post

Thanks OZMDD for letting me drive the NC! You've done a great job prepping the car. It's better than ever.
    Somebody needs to drive my NC. Perhaps someone else can do it justice, because the owner sucks
    Cory
    2006 Mazda MX-5 GT (SOLD)
    ​1999 Mazda Miata (FOR SALE)
    2004 Chevrolet Z06/Z16
    2013 Kawasaki Ninja 650

Driver

Yea this was a great event!!! Fast track... thanks to everyone that gave me tips and showed me the ropes can't wait to race with all u again!!! U will see me at every one from now on!!

Enjoyed today... definitely thought the course as fun and well laid out. I'm hoping to make most of the NTAXS this year.

Good to meet some new people again. Look forward to the next one in April.
    2013 Red Volkswagen GTI
    ex Miata owner

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

The course today was fast and fun for sure! Another nice job by Jimmy and all the NTAXS minions.

Great course, it was a lot of fun. I had my clone car come out today, Luis may you need some stickers to tell our cars apart.

I can't think of one part of the course that was bad or fustrating, it was all good and I like the drag strip finish.

Quote Originally Posted by CHeavin_2006 View Post
    Somebody needs to drive my NC. Perhaps someone else can do it justice, because the owner sucks
    Sign me up!
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

I was having tons of issues with the surface. I was bottoming out bad all along the sweeper coming out of the slalom. Also had issues with camber changes unloading the rear end in other areas. Thinking I may not be running this wheel/tire combo much anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by slowchildmiata View Post
    Thinking I may not be running this wheel/tire combo much anymore.
    Out of curiosity, what are you running?
    2013 Red Volkswagen GTI
    ex Miata owner

Quote Originally Posted by cleave View Post
    Out of curiosity, what are you running?
    17x8 with 245/35-17 R1R tires.

That's a lot of tire for an NB, I'd think.
    Polished Turd Racing

It is, but I don't think it helped when it was bottoming into the wheel well along that sweeper.

It is supposed to be the biggest tire NB can fit, but I am finding that the increase in diameter is an issue. Helps my gearing and has worked ok at the bus lot.

Yeah, the undulating surface can wreak havoc if the suspension has some give to it. What are your ride heights/spring rates like?
    Polished Turd Racing

Driver

Are the results up anywhere yet? I never had a chance to see what my last run was kinda wondering if I got into the low 55 sec range on my 400 treadwear tires lol

Quote Originally Posted by slowchildmiata View Post
    17x8 with 245/35-17 R1R tires.

If the tires are near new with little wear and heat cycling I am interested in buying them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast