Thread: PCA AX School???

Suspension Modder

Default PCA AX School???

I can't make the BMW school this weekend, but I was planning to join the PCA Autocross School on April 9th. It's disappeared from the dfwautocross.com calendar, and I heard someone say this weekend that it'd been cancelled. But it's still showing up on the Maverick Region website (http://mav.pca.org/):

Get A Grip! Autocross Academy - Ranger Stadium Parking Lot F
    When: Sat, April 9, 8am – 4pm
    Where: 200 Convention Blvd. Arlington, TX (map)
    Description: Whether learning car control, or honing your driving skills, the Get a Grip Autocross Academy hands-on driving experience is designed to help drivers master the application of physics to drive their cars with confidence and skill! Developing drivers will learn real-world car control in their own car! Experienced drivers will further develop car control skills that just can’t be practiced on a road course. Loaner helmets are available (Head socks are available for purchase) Safety Inspection will be done on-site prior to the event. Lot F is located between Legends Way and Convention Center Dr., adjacent to E. Copeland Rd.(Directly across I-30 from Hurricane Harbor.

Anyone know the full story?

I hear they did confirm the PCA Autocross School last night:
    "it's going to be at one of the Texas Ranger Ballpark parking lots
    Costs for members is $45, non members is $60
    those parking lots are super expensive!
    date is 4/9"
    Watch for it on their website here.

(Looks like it's back on the events calendar and registration is open here)
    Last edited by wrx74; 03-03-2011 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Update!

Driver

I'll be there

Yes this annual AX school is a go from what I'm hearing...I've registered to work it. I haven't run in an event on that lot F where the Ballpark used to be in a very long time. Anyone know the condition? Looks like it is decent size. Maybe not as grippy as Pennington, but a lot bigger--more room for exercises and a nice big course.

Attendance at these schools has been down the last few years. Don't know if it will spike because of the new site, but what I'm saying is please don't think you won't get in. Register now and you probably stand a good chance of getting in the school. They do take Porsche people first...but after a certain cutoff date they take non-Porsches in order of their registration. So let's get a swarm of Miatas out there!!!!

If WRX74 is Gabby, and he registered to instruct...then ask for him for an instructor...you'll be glad you did.

Maniac Mitch

Blast. I'd like to do one of these, but they are always on weekends when I'm booked.
    2013 Red Volkswagen GTI
    ex Miata owner