Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wtb: stiff struts

Blog Entries

Default Wtb: stiff struts

I'm wanting to buy some good kinda cheap racing struts doesn't matter to much what kind of strut. As long as they are put out a nice stiff suspension and are in good condition.

sounds like Racelands with the highest rate springs they can handle are the ticket for you.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Blog Entries

I have teckico springs to lower my car and stiffen just need good struts. I was looking at the http://www.gomiata.com/tokilperfron.html as stuts to get. But I was checking to see if anyone has some that are good to sell for cheaper than that ha.

Blog Entries

Tokico sorry

Illumina's or Bilsteins are the way to go.

Driver

I have agx's and at 8 they are pretty stiff then turn them down to 1 and it's like a caddy!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon-92 miata View Post
    I have teckico springs to lower my car and stiffen just need good struts. I was looking at the http://www.gomiata.com/tokilperfron.html as stuts to get. But I was checking to see if anyone has some that are good to sell for cheaper than that ha.
    Well, budget determines everything when it comes to suspension. There are many levels of "good" and "cheap." A set of AST's for $2000 is "cheap." How much can you spend?
    Polished Turd Racing

For budget shocks I would go for Bilsteins or Koins. The Koins sports are nice because the have rebound adjustment that work, but they ofter start leaking at the adjustment knob and need to be rebuilt at some point. I don't know anything about the Racelands.

Money no object, I want these bad boys. My first mod if I ever go to STR.
    Attached Images Attached Images

+1 for KYB AGX as a bang-for-the-buck TCB solution. A lot of people on this board used to run them for cheap autocross shocks. I've ran them on my daily driver for 4 years, and autocrossed on them for a season. I don't think you can get decent shocks for any cheaper than these. Check ebay, they had the best price when I got mine.

Like BigSrtTurbo said, they range from soft to very stiff, 8 way adjustable for NAs, paired with good springs they will perform very well(I have 325/250lb FM springs, good match for them). You will get better performance with Konis, but they're a little more price wise. AGX works great for someone who wants cheap performance without putting crap shocks on thier car.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Money no object, I want these bad boys. My first mod if I ever go to STR.
    Those are gorgeous... probably should hang them on the wall and not get them dirty if you ever buy them :)
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green
    Looking for my next car...

Blog Entries

I'm looking for great track ones and I don't want to spend more than 500 on suspension. I need something that will last and take several track session, also as a daily.

I'd go with koni on an NA for the adjustable spring perch. Gives you flexibility to get the height where you want it.
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green

Blog Entries

On those Koni is its 135 for all four?

No, that's per shock. If that's too expensive, what's your budget? Cheaper than that would be used bilsteins, another set of AGX, or a set of racelands.
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green

The springs you have now are not "stiff" springs anyway. If you want a low budget setup that will be "stiff," here you go:

http://www.racelandus.com/p-66-coilo...a-mx-5-na.aspx

Not sure how long these last. A lot of people at ClubRoadster seem to enjoy them...
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green

Blog Entries

Ok thanks

If your budget is under $500, I don't think you can beat the Racelands. If you can do $500, get the Struts mentioned above. If you can get closer to $1000, the choices get very high-quality.
    Polished Turd Racing

I recommended the Racelands to Jon. The Tokico springs are junk, they are super soft and are too low for a lot of people (though I don't think so).

Once upon a time those racelands were only $250 or maybe even $200... I guess all the positive user reports drove prices to the $319 mark.
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast