Thread: FS/WTT: 1991 MR2 Turbo w JDM Gen 2 swap

Default FS/WTT: 1991 MR2 Turbo w JDM Gen 2 swap

Well the MK2 MR2 Turbo is for sale or trade.

*Professional Picture with flashes from B.Lajoie Photography, see flikr for more pictures with normal people cameras.

Title: Branded (odometer stopped working at some point).
    Mileage: 85,xxx on odometer. ~66,000 on Gen 2 3S-GTE Swap.
    Power: 193 whp 198 wtq on AWDTunings Mustang Dyno.

Interior:
    JVC Headunit w/ ipod in glove box and bluetooth
    Hybrid Audio Imagine series 6.5" speakers
    Pheonix Gold Amp
    2 layers of Dynamatt in each door
    Python Alarm with tilt sensor and impact sensor
    All Audio and Alarm done by Soundscape Audio in McKinney
    HKS Boost Gauge in stock location
    Center Console and Rear Center Glove Box as well as Shift Boot recovered in Faux Alcantara from Redlinegoods.com
    OEM T-Top Shades and T-Top Bags

Engine:
    JDM Gen2 3S-GTE
    TopSpeed Downpipe, Apex'i Powergrabber Intake, HKS dual exhaust
    Turbo XS RFL BOV (Will Include stock diverter valve)
    TRD Motor Mounts
    JDM ECU
    AST throttlebody inlet
    Greddy Sidemount intercooler
    Walbro 255 fuel pump
    New/Remanufactured AC Compressor which runs on the new stuff so you don't have to pay ridiculous amounts for a recharge in the future, Currently has a full charge, blows cold.

Suspension/Brakes
    Tein Coilovers (about 12 years old, I don't think they're blown but they aren't suited to the WORKs so ride is a bit rough but not too bad).
    17x8 F 17x9 R Work VS-Editions.
    215/40/17 F 255/40/17 R Kuhmo ASX's (rears at 3/32)

This was Forrest from PTP's old car, and so it has been worked on by them exclusively, other than the downpipe which I had done at AWDTuning so I could have dyno runs done to measure gains on the same day.

Asking Price.
    I'd really like to get $9,000 obo which is a bit less than what I have into it. That said this is OBO and i'd consider a straight trade for the right offer (I've been tempted by a 95 GSR with high mileage +2500 but it had too much rust for me to want to mess with) So don't be shy to make an offer.
    (Paid 5500 for the car and 2000 for the motor and everything to get it working again, then another 1500 for all the audio and alarm as it didn't have any when I got it).

That said, I would take $7500 for it without the audio. And $8000 without the WORK wheels (would have to supply your own wheels).
    New Price = $7,000 OBO.

The paint is not original, respray was done in 1995.

Here is a link to my flikr with some general photos.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/4142102...7626375507662/

Here is my flikr with all the trouble spots highlighted.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/4142102...7626375484482/

I would also consider trades for an NA or NB miata or Scion XB. I'd like to get enough money on top (2000 w/o the Works, or 3000 with works) on top so I can get a hardtop for the Spyder, but if it's a clean car in good condition, i'd be ok with a straight trade.
    Also interested in Mazda5 manual, Protege 5 manual, Honda Element Manual, etc.

If you're interested let me know and make an offer, worst I can say is no.

I won't lie and say it's never been raced, I took it to one TexasTimeTrial event and ran 2 laps, but realized the tires weren't cut out for it.
    Took it to Denton dragstrip once, here's some footage of that, car felt great and pulled strong, still does.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLwjl...er_profilepage
    9.651 at 76.92 mph

Part of the reason I want to sell is because I want something I can actually use to carry parts for the MR-S when stuff breaks, but that's not a requirement since I miss having a full convertible daily driver and really would like an NB or NA miata (I'd love an NC but that's more than I expect to get for the car).
    Last edited by 2zzmr2; 05-08-2011 at 12:39 AM.

Driver

Lol me and Forrest were just talking about this car today ...funny GLWS clean car

damnit, i have a soft spot for these. i love them.

I should add, I have the title and there are no liens against the car.

I am very open to trades as i'm likely to get a replacement vehicle ASAP if it sells.
    Current offers I have are a 95 Integra GSR or 02 RSX from the same guy.
    I really want another droptop though so Miata's would be excellent, or something more practical like a Scion XB (Gen 1), Honda Element, a Yaris, or and EG hatch with some mods. NA Miata with boost would rock.

Forgot to add:
    Has Autopower Rollbar
    Power antenna doesn't work, no clue why, the windshield antenna still works though, never did while i've had
    Cruise control doesn't work, no clue why, never did while i've had it

Comes with
    2 clutches, 2 pressure plates, and a flywheel (I think there may be a clutch inbetween the flywheel and pressure plate but they're old).
    Stock USDM throttle body
    USDM ECU
    Box of miscellaneous parts (window switches, nuts, bolts, etc.)
    Last edited by 2zzmr2; 03-28-2011 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mingle View Post
    damnit, i have a soft spot for these. i love them.
    Me too. (Obviously)

Thanks,
    MK2, if i'd had the money I would have loved to pick up your NB, i'd love to trade one similar to it (in worse condition so I could afford it, lol).

The lower numbers are with the stock downpipe, the higher is with the Topspeed Downpipe.

For reference, a 2008 STI (stock) makes 214 hp 214 tq on this dyno.

Also, i'd be really interested in a bugeye or 04-05 WRX wagon/sedan. A super clean GC8 coupe would also be awesome.
    Last edited by 2zzmr2; 04-10-2011 at 05:15 PM.

Bump for a really nice looking OTM.

New Price $7,500 obo.

Update on car: E-Brake seems to stick a little bit initially. But at least it works, originally it didn't. I'll get it looked at once exams are over.

BUMP- New "I'm getting the new car soon and I'd like this gone so I can repair the engine in the MR-S" Price - $7,000 Or Best Offer.

To go below 7k i'd consider removing the Pheonix Gold Amp, Python Alarm, Hybrid Audio Speakers, and JVC headunit.

Then It will be as I purchased it and I won't lose as much money; this also lets you can do whatever you want with the audio. Plus I can transfer the stereo to the new car, which I'd really like to do since I would end up buying the same speakers again in the future.

I bet if you same some BMW M wheels on it you could sell it fast!

Brad, The M wheels are too high of an offset in the front, the wrong bolt pattern, and to large overall, but they would look sexy.

Someone pm'd me about the mr2, I tried to respond but their message box was full, so if they clear them and pm me again I can reply.

I am purchasing the next car this week, so I'd prefer to just sell the car outright at this point, however if you have something that I could sell to carmax for roughly the same amount, or trade + cash, i'd still consider it. All dealerships see is 1991, Toyota, and "possible odometer fraud". They don't see "Work wheels, JDM engine, or rarity" which is why i'm selling private party.

Also, I would take guns as a part of purchase, for instance an XD40 subcompact in great condition with all the parts it came with (both magazines, case, etc) would take ~500 off.

Guns i'm interested in:
    XD40 Subcompact in either OD Green or Black.
    Jericho 941 .40 or 9mm Full Size steel frame Black (AKA Baby Eagle, i'd prefer one with the IWI Jericho branding)
    DPMS Panther DCM (or Arcitic Panther with sites) preferably .223 caliber with either iron sights or a red-dot.

The Jericho is the one I want the most, I love the gun and they can be hard to find. I'm not looking for any guns with crazy amounts of money dropped on them, and i'm not even sure how to go about trading ownership of one. But I will be 22 in June and feel it is my obligation as a Texan to own at least one gun, and those are the ones i've shot before and enjoyed.
    Last edited by 2zzmr2; 05-08-2011 at 12:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2zzmr2 View Post
    Brad, The M wheels are too high of an offset in the front, the wrong bolt pattern, and to large overall, but they would look sexy.

Just messing with you on the M wheels, it was a free bump.

What are you buying?

It's a secret for now, kind of. I'll let you know next time I see you.

Bump
    5000 without radio
    4000 if you supply your own wheels and tires
    Car currently in Frisco, Tx in garage. Unaffected by recent storms.

My lord I'd kill for this car. Too bad my miata is still basically stock.

It's no longer for trade, just for sale. Going in to Soundscape tomorrow to have the system switched to the WRX. I have a guy from Kansas coming down next Monday to buy it. Then I can get a hardtop for the Spyder and a new exhaust that actually muffles the noise.

Car is sold.