Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PCA Time Trial #2 and Autocross #3 4/30-5/1 at Mineral Wells Airport

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    It has only been one weekend off and I am jonsing for some driving.
    What about Saturday night?

Quote Originally Posted by slowchildmiata View Post
    What about Saturday night?
    What happens in Haltom stays in Haltom.

Signed up for the TT on Saturday. Is it OK to pay at the site?

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Signed up for the TT on Saturday. Is it OK to pay at the site?
    AFAIK, it is. I doubt they will turn you down, anyway.

Robert,

PCA now normally takes payment at the site. But please pre-register. It makes the check-in procedure much faster.

Hope you enjoy the event. I regret I won't be there.

Maniac Mitch

Thanks, I am pre-registered. Can't wait to tryout the new tires.

Im out, getting new clutch installed soon.

Quote Originally Posted by jbh View Post
    Im out, getting new clutch installed soon.
    You got two days, how long does it take?

True plus another car I could use.

I really need to get stuff done Saturday, going to Amarillo Sunday. But it does look fun.

I also need new tires. I am full of excuses today, I have more if I need them.

Y'all have fun. I've got a wedding tonight, my boss is throwing a barbeque tomorrow, Mel is going to the spa all day Sunday, and I'm off to Chicago Monday morning. No time for racing this weekend.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

The weather is turning south tonight, so I am going to sit this one out. You guys have fun!
    2008 Evolution GSR

OZMDD's car felt great. It took a few laps for the tires and brake pads to come in, but it was great after that. It is a fun car.

Interesting how well Robert did against us on a stock suspension. That S2000 power really seems to make a different on a road course versus an autocross.

OZMDD's car felt great. It took a few laps for the tires and brake pads to come in, but it was great after that. It is a fun car.

Interesting how well Robert did against us on a stock suspension. That S2000 power really seems to make a different on a road course versus an autocross.
    That's why I bought an S2000 instead of an NC.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

FYI - you CAN overheat RS3's if you overdrive and spin enough times!

Fun day, but it reminded me that autox and TT/Road racing are very different animals. We hung pretty well, but a couple of Porsche's managed to beat us.

Congrats to Nathan and Dean for putting down some really fast runs. Really impressive driving.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Well, once the rain stopped, there were not enough people to have an event, so we just did fun runs with no course workers since the course was setup and we all had our cars ready. They are also going to give refund or credits. Hooray! The fun runs in the wet were, well, fun. It was a nice exercise in car control and the car it still someone controllable there versus other sights.

No kidding. Felt the same way at the Texas Time Trial event - and he had completely worn out tires. Needed a Vtec kink!

I did not know Robert's double adjustable konis were stock. I wish my stock S2000 came with those haha, I would not have had to buy something else for STR.

Forgot to mention, if you have an S2000 and want the same shocks as Robert there is a set for sale on s2ki. TC Kline does not make them anymore so used is really the only way to get them unless you ask Koni to spec you a set of 8242s and if you go that route they are more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by 762 View Post
    I did not know Robert's double adjustable konis were stock. I wish my stock S2000 came with those haha, I would not have had to buy something else for STR.
    It is stock according to the SCCA classing. Try to keep up.

It is stock according to the SCCA classing. Try to keep up.
    Ah I missed the a before stock so I thought you thought he was still on the OEM CR shocks which are known to be very good.

I always try to grab a ride with robert in his car to compare it with mine as I develop the STR setup. In steady state stuff the cars seem to be very similar, but in the quicker transitions it tends to show when the added STR spring rates are helpful.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast