Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pulled the trigger

Default Pulled the trigger

Just wanted to thank everyone for their input.
    I finally pulled thr trigger, on my wheel and tire situation.
    Got the...

Konig Quickk (in Bronze) Wheels , size 15X7
    weight: 13.1 lbs.
    and
    Yoko AVS ES100's 195/50/R-15
    Weight: 18 lbs.

Total corner weight...31.1 lbs.

Should have them by Early next week.
    99 Miata Black

That's a nice looking wheel, and the net weight looks good. Post pix when you have 'em.

S.

Will do, and thanks
    99 Miata Black

Those sound sweet. I've got tow of the heliums in my office waiting on another pair for tcb.
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

Good choice and good size. Ditto on the pics.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Thanks, I was looking at getting the Heliums but they were on backorder for like 6-8 weeks,... yikes!

I will have the pics up early this week, they are on order so the car is sitting right now with nothing on it. should have Mon or Tues.

great news, now they are telling me the wheels are coming from New York and they wont be here til Wed or Thurs.

Who did you order from?

it's a real long story but ended up buying from Discount Tire Co.

I am at the end of my rope here and would appreciate any help.
    Discount tire screwed me around on ordering the wrong color wheels for my car now they are telling me the ones I wanted are 20. more per wheel.

All I want is to have a lowered Unsprung corner weight.

I want to buy some Yoko ES 100's (195/50/15) with a lightweight wheel in 15 x 6.5 or 7 size, color either Red or Gold to match the cars finish.

I am looking to spend no more than 665. out the door and driving.

Does anyone have any suggestions of a place to buy from, what I have found so far is that either the place does not sell ES100's or does not have a wheel i like, or can aford.

I have checked out so many options and site's that I am sooo frustrated, I can't even begin to tell you.
    I have spent countless hours and stressed to the max over this.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Billy

Sounds like bronze Konig Heliums to me...

However $665 out the door is going to be pushing it with even the best of deals for wheels & tires. One of the "better" Discount Tires should be able to get you the wheels for $90 each, though.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

look for some ATS Comp-lites
    they are really light
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C
    99 Disco, the go anywhere ride

Well even though I didn't really want to buy this particular tire and wheel package, and it was not at all what I was looking for, I went ahead and took the ones disount ordered, I was on the computer til 5:00 this morning and just finally said screw it I am wasting more time than I need to on this.

Now the clutch is really starting to make a lot of racket, I wrote a song about a diffrent situation, called " Love Hate Thing", I hope I don't have to start writting songs about my car now.

Oh ,... its Konig 15X7 Quickk with brinze and machined lip with ES 100's
    total corner weight is ??? I know the Konig's weigh 13.1 lbs, don't know what the ES 100's weigh.

Will post pics tomorrow

Just took the car through some nice twisty roads and man what great handling. I hope it lasts nto even a hint of slipage even getting down on it hard.
    Wife has the camera will post the pics later this evening if there is still tire left..lol

Sweet!!! In the beginning of tire life the ES 100's are great in the rain!
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Here is a link to some pics, of the car with the wheels mounted and a close-up of the wheels and tire
    http://www.nextarkaraoke.com/miata/newwheels1.jpg

http://www.nextarkaraoke.com/miata/newwheels2.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast