Thread: It lives!!!!!!

Chassis Designer

Cool It lives!!!!!!

thats right after nearly 3 months of wrenching on project miata it's finally wheels down and haulin ass... well hauling as much ass as the tiny 1.6L can muster that is.

however hawk pads! holy jebus those things are awesome. running hp+ brake pads and motul brake fluid. just complete the bedding process and now it's like being stopped by the hand of god.

also installed an 8lbs fly wheel and 6 puck race clutch i got off of ebay for $400. (xtd or maybe xtr i think. it was the stage 4 kit) and talk about lively the motor just zips though the rpm band. and rev matching is a dream now.

still got many hours of work left in this project. but it's really nice to have it back in running condition. need to adjust the clutch pedal free play tomorrow and maybe bleed the breaks again as i don't think the break pedal is engaging high enoug

Great!

If you find that the HP+ are too grabby in the front, then try the Hawk Ceramic in the front, leaving the HP+ in the rear. That setup creates a nice balance, or at least nice relative to 1.6 brakes.

Congrats on getting the project running!

Quote Originally Posted by offsprg01 View Post
    however hawk pads! holy jebus those things are awesome. running hp+ brake pads and motul brake fluid. just complete the bedding process and now it's like being stopped by the hand of god.
    This made me laugh. 1.6L non-ABS brakes and awesome should never be used to gether in the same sentence. Awesome compared to the drum brakes on a Model T perhaps...
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Chassis Designer

granted they are not "i just got stopped by a brick wall good." but seeing as this car will see relatively little track time, this set up is pretty damn good for the couple hundred bucks i've got invested in it. it will sure enough throw you through the windshield compared to what was on it before. it way more stopping power than i'll ever need on the street.