Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wednesday night, June 22nd?

Default Wednesday night, June 22nd?

Anyone getting together this Wednesday night? Wifey and kiddo are in Colorado, so I have a hall pass.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I'll toss back a beer or two.

in
    1990 White NA - SOLD
    1994 Black NA - SOLD
    2006 Red NC - GT with limited slip, HIDs, all OEM.

Maybe....
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

How about Arlington area? Heh
    SOLD: 91 Mazda Miata "Grand Sport" - FM V-Maxx coilovers, FM sways, Hard Dog roll bar, stock 1.6L running strong, 15" Star Specs, 96 Grand Sport paint
    - 85 GMC S15 Jimmy "the Tyclone" - LT1 350ci V8, AWD, Typhoon interior, 18" C5 wheels, 96 Grand Sport paint

I've been around but never been able to meet up so I'm looking forward to meeting some of you guys. I had some body damage but now it's just about good enough to show. LoL. I live in Grand Prairie so Arlington would be way better.

In if we're meeting somewhere on the east side - sorry, Arlington...
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Never can get a mid point gathering. Sigh... I'll eat at Wendy's in ft worth all alone. Lol
    SOLD: 91 Mazda Miata "Grand Sport" - FM V-Maxx coilovers, FM sways, Hard Dog roll bar, stock 1.6L running strong, 15" Star Specs, 96 Grand Sport paint
    - 85 GMC S15 Jimmy "the Tyclone" - LT1 350ci V8, AWD, Typhoon interior, 18" C5 wheels, 96 Grand Sport paint

Nobody on the west side ever starts a GTG thread. We used to do BBQ in FW on Tuesday nights for the west-siders, but that fizzled somewhere along the way...
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days

Oh, I just saw a gathering thread and chimed in. Didn't realize I needed my own. I don't know many people here so I would figure I wouldn't get a big turnout. Back to the scortching sun.

Greg,

Just pick a day (Not Wed if you want East-siders to come and not Sat or Sun if you want AutoXers to show up) I personally think Friday would be good as I could show up since I don't work on Saturdays.

Then, pick a place with lots of safe, well lit parking, ideally a joint where you can hang out in the lot and a close by place to grab some decent grub. Make sure it's okay with the lot owners and local PD to prevent being run off.

Finally, announce a GTG for your area. There are lots of good Miata folk in the mid-cities and Ft. Worth that would love to hang out and talk cars. They are just to damn lazy to plan one themselves.
    ...and across the line.

Yeah, the Wed Nite GTG has been an east-sider thing since as long as I can remember. A lot of guys who can come out on Wed live waaaay over here in the northeast quad of the Metroplex (Garland, Plano, Allen, East Jesus, etc). We used to have it in a Plano parking lot, but then a bunch of ricers showed up and brought the cops with 'em. Then we moved inside and rotated between the standard Plano breastaurants (Hooter's, Twin Peaks, etc). Keller's has been the default (even with all its faults) since we can stand around and gawk at cars while munching on good burgers and sipping cold beers... aaaaaaand it's cheaper than fake dog turds.

But seriously... pick a place on the west side that you like and start a thread. It doesn't matter if you're a noob or don't know too many folks - we all went to Propwash so we're all friends here. We don't have any set rules for these GTGs, but east-side/west-side is an age-old argument. We need a good planner on the west side of town!

Places we've gone in the past:
    Angelo's in BBQ FW
    Palio's Pizza in Colleyville
    Wilhoite's in Grapevine
    Twin Peaks in Lewisville
    '94 Black & Black & Tan

Dyno Days

I will be at a training in Farmers Branch wed night so I will already be kinda close. Y'all meet at Kellers on Garland Rd. right?
    '94 Miata "M Edition" - sold
    '99 Miata w/td05

Kellers on NW Hwy and Abrams... at least I assume that's where we're going. Right?
    '94 Black & Black & Tan

Dyno Days

I assume too. Kellers sux sometimes but you know what your getting and I can't think of another place like it on this side of town. Like Tricky said, nothing better than standing around a parking lot, chatting, eating greasy burgers and drinking cold beer. Well if the waitresses looked less like crack whores and more like Megan Fox and wore bikinis, that would be better.
    ...and across the line.

Ya get what ya pay for...
    '94 Black & Black & Tan

Dyno Days

Keller's is fine with me. We can do Duke's Plano if you want a change of scenery. They have reasonably priced pitchers and a very large deck.

Well, I'm out tonight... just got handed tickets to the Rangers game!
    '94 Black & Black & Tan

Dyno Days

So Keller's? Or Duke's? I'd probably say Duke's, since it closer to my house and I don't have to go by an ATM first.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I will show up at kellers. What time? I'm guessing others are still going. LoL
    '94 Miata "M Edition" - sold
    '99 Miata w/td05

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast