Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Equipe Rapide Event #3 @ Mineral Wells, 5/29/11

Default Equipe Rapide Event #3 @ Mineral Wells, 5/29/11

Hey all,

It is never too soon to announce the next event. Equipe Rapide will be hosting Challenge Cup #3 on May 29th in Mineral Wells. We have lots of fun stuff planned. Mike McShane has offered to do a hula dance with the grass skirt and coconut top during the drivers meeting. Jerrett will be accompanying him on the ukulele. Mick will be jumping his car through a fire ring and stack of burning hay bales. Mark Wortham has thrown down the gauntlett stating that he will give $100 to anyone who can beat his time in his car. I plan on taking about 25 runs in his car.

I hope to see you all there,
    Andy Cost
    Humble Servant - Equipe Rapide

That sounds like a blast!
    2008 Evolution GSR

I look really good in a grass skirt...
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    I look really good in a grass skirt...
    Braggart!

Now that's what I'd call event promotion!

Quote Originally Posted by nomadtrash View Post
    We have lots of fun stuff planned. Mike McShane has offered to do a hula dance with the grass skirt and coconut top during the drivers meeting. Jerrett will be accompanying him on the ukulele. Mick will be jumping his car through a fire ring and stack of burning hay bales.
    This stuff alone makes it worth the long drive and $40 in fuel, but when you throw in this:

Mark Wortham has thrown down the gauntlett stating that he will give $100 to anyone who can beat his time in his car.
    I've got to come. Does it have to be a clean run?
    A Z06 is just like a Miata, but with the other half of the motor . . .

Mark Wortham has thrown down the gauntlett stating that he will give $100 to anyone who can beat his time in his car.
    I'd be down for this....

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Mark Wortham has thrown down the gauntlett stating that he will give $100 to anyone who can beat his time in his car. I plan on taking about 25 runs in his car.
    What's the buy in?
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

Mike McShane has offered to do a hula dance with the grass skirt and coconut top during the drivers meeting. Jerrett will be accompanying him on the ukulele. Mick will be jumping his car through a fire ring and stack of burning hay bales.
    Again?

Mark Wortham has thrown down the gauntlett stating that he will give $100 to anyone who can beat his time in his car. I plan on taking about 25 runs in his car.
    Yes, this offer is valid, but you've got 1 run to get it done and the price of admission is $100 per driver.

I would not worry about Solo RX-7... He will never figure out how to release the parking brake.
    See his article here. http://texasscca.org/Forums/tabid/95...s/Default.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Solo RX-7 View Post
    Now that's what I'd call event promotion.

I've got to come. Does it have to be a clean run?

Equipe Rapide is excited to announce our Memorial Day Weekend charity event. Challenge Cup #3 is at Mineral Wells on Sunday May 29th. We will be donating 100% of the net proceeds to ReserveAid.
    ReserveAid is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization committed to providing financial support to the families of Reserve Service Members from all services, who have been called to active duty and are experiencing financial difficulty. Their goal is to alleviate the emotional and financial burdens placed on the men and women called to serve our country by supporting their families at home.
    Memorial Day is a holiday observed to commemorate those in the military who have lost their lives during military service. Assisting our current troops is a way to honor their memories. I urge you to come out to Mineral Wells on May 29th and show your support to our local military families.
    You can check out the ReserveAid website at www.reserveaid.org.
    Andy Cost

I've got to tow the ER trailer so I won't be able to bring my car. Is there anyone that wants to offer a co-drive?
    Andy Cost

One week left to get pre-registered. We will accept on-site registrations.
    Last edited by nomadtrash; 05-21-2011 at 07:11 PM.
    Andy Cost

Driver

I'm down for this...is there a place to reg online??

You can register at AXWare. There is a link and instructions on our website.
    Andy Cost

Considering attending this event, but I have a couple questions:

1) Will cars from the same class run in the same heats?

2) Will "board member$" be allowed to $pread their run$ out over $everal heat$ to en$ure optimal condition$ for their Rapid Pax run$?

Thanks!
    Polished Turd Racing

Quote Originally Posted by SRSBZNSSOZMDDF1 View Post
    1) Will cars from the same class run in the same heats?
    2) Will "board member$" be allowed to $pread their run$ out over $everal heat$ to en$ure optimal condition$ for their Rapid Pax run$?
    1. No
    2. Anyone who does not have an in heat work assignment (setup, cleanup, registration, etc) can run whenever they want.
    Last edited by Davidss; 05-23-2011 at 12:33 PM.

OK, same-old same-old then. Thought I'd heard talk of changing that.

Why don't same-class cars run together? Wouldn't that make the results more accurate?

If Rapid Pax money is on the line, then wouldn't it be more fair to have all competitiors racing under similar conditions?

What is it about a plum work assignment that makes it necessary to run in several heats?

Isn't the intent of the rule to allow people who have jobs that require them to be busy throughout the event to get in all their runs eventually, not to simply allow certain individuals to run at-will?

How much of the Rapid Pax profits (the funds not paid-out to competitors) will go to the Reserve Aid fund?

Thanks. Not going to attend.
    Last edited by OZMDD; 05-23-2011 at 12:34 PM.
    Polished Turd Racing

We are donating all the net proceeds to reserveaid. Once we figure out how much the insurance, site rental, and other expenses are then all the rest of the money will be donated. At this event we expect to pay out more in Rapide PAX than we will bring in so it will be an expense. Rapide Pax winners can keep their payouts or they can donate them like they have in the past.

I would appreciate it if you would share with me any ideas you have for changes to the run-work order and Rapide PAX. We have a board meeting tomorrow night and you are welcome to attend.

Thanks,
    Andy Cost

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post

What is it about a plum work assignment that makes it necessary to run in several heats?

Dam those people that show up early and/or stay late to put on an event

I see your point but if everyone's making their pax runs who works the course and timing?

I will agree that ER seems to have a problem with falling numbers and having the same people run in the afternoon at every event may be part of it.
    I am fine with the way things are, but I have one of those plum assignments this event, (I will only run in 1 heat) but I would also be open to change if that would get more people out.

edit

I have always enjoyed the PAX class, but is it causing more hard feeling than it's worth?
    Last edited by Robert; 05-23-2011 at 01:45 PM.

I reviewed the last 10 years or so and found that we have no problem with falling numbers. We are where we always have been, North Texas best kept autocrossing secret.
    Andy Cost

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast