Thread: Konig Rewinds -- Light Enough?

Default Konig Rewinds -- Light Enough?

Well, the SSR bankruptcy has not netted any discounts on the price of Competition wheels. They're still $309 each for 15x7s. Ouch! Beautiful though they are, that's pretty steep for one wheel.

Hence, I am looking at these Konig Rewinds as an alternative. 13.32 lbs. is tolerable, and they should look smashing on a grey MSM. Goodwin is going to carry them, and estimates a price of around $100, which means a set of Rewinds would buy 1 and 1/3 SSRs.

My only question is this: is 13.32 lbs. low enough? I know I can get slightly lighter wheels for similar money, but these are quite appealing from an aesthetic standpoint. I don't yet know whether they will be used for autox (versus my stock 17" monsters -- depends on whether I try to stay in stock class).

Thanks for any input,

S.

I likey....as for the weight...your stock wheels are at least over 15 or 16 lbs. so anything would be better.

If you autocross I would hang around in stock class anyway till you learn your car and save some cash to keep up with the rest of the pack.

What size? The stock '99+ 15" alloys are ~13 lbs each, so I'd say you'd be right in the ballpark. I ran 15"x7", 13+ lb Kosei K-1s for a year and they were just fine.

More importantly, you'd be shaving over 5 pounds per corner over what you've currently got, which is a big plus.

I'd be interested to see how Konig got them that light - that Minilite/Panasport knockoff design doesn't usually lend itself to lightness, at least in cast aluminum. R Speed's version is supposedly going to be a tad over 15 lbs for a 15"x7" wheel.

One more caveat - is Konig your only source for the weight specs on that wheel? They've been known to be slightly... uhm, optimistic on their published weights before. Caveat emptor.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Yeah, the thinks Konig can't pull that wheel off for 13 odd pounds. If that's correct, then I'll look elsewhere. I do trust Goodwin to be honest about the weight once he gets some in. If his scales check out, then I'm happy. It is a very good looking design...

S.

The heliums are 11.4 lbs, and a nice looking wheel also there is the quickk I went with that is 13.1 lbs.