Thread: SDS EM4-4F

Default SDS EM4-4F

Do any of you guys have experience with this ECU? Does it compare favorably with the Link? I'm thinking about going to an aftermarket ecu to eek out the last tiny bit of power from my naturally aspirated engine and for possible forced induction later on [/b]

Headed to SM2?

No, sorry. I don't know nuttin' 'bout no ECUs. But if you need an indepth explanation of how the pfitzer valve connects to the flange unit on your flux capacitor, I'm your man...
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

Headed for SM2?
    Well, you never know. Wouldn't it be fun to chase Corvettes?

I think Gary uses it for his M62. You can get away with a Greddy eManage for about 1/2 the price. Search it on the pointy board or ask me what it does. Good for up to 12 PSI on a Greddy miata.

Best Pro's of the eManage: Out the door under 500 bucks easily gotten back if ever sold. Almost as much tuning capability as a stand alone. NA you shouldn't need a stand alone though.

If you get IRTB's and a stand alone, you can always add a turbo later on and keep both. Thats the way to max power and throttle response anyway.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

I know Tommy Reynolds (formerly Topless Autoxer) on the pointy board is using an Emanage in his '99 CSP car this season. You might PM him and ask him how it's working out and why he chose it - he's always been very helpful and willing to share info when I've talked to him in the past.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

The eManage is good and cheap, but I fear I'm way too stupid to figure out the installation and programming/tuning. I need something that is heavily supported by a reliable Miata supplier (FM-Link or BRP-SDS) in order to be successful. Also, I like the fact that the SDS has its own ignition coils and crank-fire system. Another plus (I think) for the SDS setup is that you don't need a laptop (which I don't have) therefore saving some cash. (Do I qualify for Team Cheap Bastard?)

(Or maybe Team Stupid Bastard)

You can get a super cheap laptop to run the eManage. The [url]http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/emanage/[url/] Emanage group has alot of info.

The fact that you have to buy a laptop would still keep the greddy under the price of the other two stand alones.

Most dyno tuners should be able to help tune your car with any of the above systems. I wouldn't think it would be as hard as tuning a FI system. Jotec in Garland is suppose to be a great import tuner. Andrew (Bangin' Gears on the pointy board) works for a tuner also.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

I have several old laptops around. Pentium 200mmx up to Pentium II vintage. let me know if anyone could use one.

Don't forget this Saturday is FIRST SATURDAY!

There will be plenty of computer gear there... too bad no aftermarket ECUs though

Never heard of it? Don't know where it is? http://www.firstsaturday.com

I'll be there - EVERY First Saturday.

Raymond
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!