Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vorshlag Karting Challenge - Sunday, July 24th, Dallas Karting Complex

Quote Originally Posted by russian View Post
    i had SOOOOOOOOOOOO much fun!
    after everyone left, i stayed and did a session in the dd2 shifter kart. i simply cannot find words to describe what it felt like. 3Gs + in the turns, pins you in the side of the seat so hard it knocked my breath out on some fast left handers. the acceleration is speed is UNREAL. i've driven 1000+hp cars and owned the worlds fastest production motorcycle (BMW S1000RR, mine made 215whp and went 9.3@155 in the 1/4) and neither came close to the feeling you get driving one of these. Ayrton Senna was 100% correct when he said karting is the purest form of racing. if anyone gets a chance, its well worth the 100 bucks per session!
    Hmm... Wasn't sure it'd be worth it, but I just think I'll have to join you next time...

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Thanks for posting that link, Doug! You won't sue if I link to it on a couple of other forums, willya?
    Go ahead Sparky, I have my lawyer on speed dial!

Seriously, it's find with me to link to or download for personal use. Those are the low resolution shots, the high resolution shots are hidden away in an old mayonnaise jar under my porch.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

Quote Originally Posted by Elistan View Post
    Hmm... Wasn't sure it'd be worth it, but I just think I'll have to join you next time...
    fair warning, you will get addicted! im already looking at used shifter karts to buy

I have a few photos here.
    https://picasaweb.google.com/Gremste...eat=directlink

Man I was Captain Slow out there. I was dead last in my group for both practice and qualifying, it was sad. At least I was (I think) middle of the Driving Miss Daisy pack.

Once I figured out what to do I was shocked at how different driving a kart at the limit was, wasn't prepared for the difference. I finally got my head out of my ass and stopped braking and lifting on every turn. I went out again after the event and pulled a 76.something. Still not fast, but WAY faster than previous runs. After I figured out what to do the first outing I blew a rear tire and STILL pulled a faster time than any of my qualifying runs.

I also noticed the difference in competition level after the event. With a rear tire completely disconnected from the rim I was still passing people out there, haha.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

This is all males, right?

lol
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

Video....

Practice session, on kart camera.

Driving Miss Daisy Grand Prix, from tower.

Driving Miss Daisy Grand Prix, on kart camera, only the first two laps.

Start of Faster Than You Grand Prix. Watch 13 gentlemen wait on the lady.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

Great vids cone-cerned! I liked the "stuff" you made to regain second place. The video of the "gents waiting on a lady" was good too. Who was the guy that took the scenic route around back of the barrier? I bet that was a first.

Here's the "stuff" from the other kart. Link

I don't know who took the scenic route, maybe someone else can let us know.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

I want to take a moment to thank all of the participants who took a minute to fill out my post event survey. Lots of great responses and suggestions!

I'm already working on some changes for the next event. Hopefully I won't screw things up too much.

As soon as I've got everything together you'll be the first to know!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

i can't take the post event survey, but it might of been helpful to have a longer window than 12 hours for the wait list emails... I check email at least once a day at night, but not always sooner. I missed the Email by just a few hours, as it was sent to me at 8 am, and i was on the computer around 11 at night.....
    I know I'm bitching a bunch, but i do appreciate all the work you put into getting these things going. Hopefully I can make the next sunday one!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123