Thread: Eastside window tint recommendations

Default Eastside window tint recommendations

Black leather seats + no covered parking at work + Texas summer = unpleasantly hot car in the late afternoon.

So it's time to tint the windows on the S2000. I've recommended "Tim the Tintman" for years (and I still do), but his current shop in west Fort Worth is about as far as you can get from my house and still technically be in the Metroplex.

Time is precious to me - I don't have an entire day to waste driving back and forth across town just to get the windows tinted.

Anyone have a tint person/shop on the eastside that they recommend? Preferably Plano/Richardson/Wylie/Garland area. Thanks!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I'll give another thumbs up far Altamere in Plano... Not cheap, but excellent work... and they have the fabulous Wincos tint that blocks LOTS of IR energy. I need to go by this week to get the recently replaced driver window in my car tinted...
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

I have used Moonshadow for years and always been satisfied with the price and the results.
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

There is guy near the Target in Rockwall that did my son's Civic a few months ago. He gave me an 8.25% discount for paying with cash.

ALWAYS ask for a discount!
    1990 White NA - SOLD
    1994 Black NA - SOLD
    2006 Red NC - GT with limited slip, HIDs, all OEM.

I got mine done at Earmark in Addison - top notch product and labor. I got some kind of ceramic-impregnated film that's super-durable and really keeps the heat out.

They also have a location in Plano.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Suspension Modder

Tell me more about "Tim the Tintman." Where in "West Fort Worth...?"

Quote Originally Posted by trickyrix View Post
    I got mine done at Earmark in Addison - top notch product and labor. I got some kind of ceramic-impregnated film that's super-durable and really keeps the heat out.

They also have a location in Plano.
    I'll also vouch for these guys... Using Altamere now since I think the ceramic impregnated film they have is marginally better than what Earmark carries, but the Earmark tint on our Civic still looked great after 10 years in the Texas sun...
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Another vote for Earmark. I had both Miata's tinted with the ceramic tint earlier this year. Top Notch and fair prices.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

So Altiainwho did you go with and how did it turn out?
    "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional." Haruki Murakami

Curious as well need to get the bmw tinted
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

I had to take my BMW back to Altamere to get the driver side tint replaced (after someone decided to relieve me of said window). Couldn't be happier with the Wincos tint for heat rejection (but I hear it looks a bit blue if you have a dark colored car). They charged me $0 for the single window...

Haven's used anyone yet. Made 2 appointments with Altamere and life got in the way of both.

Let me know how it turns out for you guys.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I'll be giving Earmark a try next Wednesday. I spoke with all three and I liked the answers they gave better plus they are a little closer. I wish Tim was closer, but last time it was an all day deal...

I'm here now and I have mixed feelings on the install. While the tint looks good so far I'm really not happy about the compliance stickers they installed. They look more like free advertising to me than anything else and they are GOLD! DPS states you must have one sticker on the rear of the drivers door so I'll accept that but I personally think it is horrid looking. Now most people wouldn't care but anyone that knows me will tell you I'm just not built that way. If I were to do it again I would make sure they only did the one window AND I would trim their name off to make it smaller. I really hate free advertising!!!!!!

I always use ProTint. Been very pleased with all the cars he's done for me over the years. Not a single bubble or peel ever. In Plano, though.
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

OK I have calmed down a bit today, but still hate their logo on my car. The tint job does look good and it appears they did the rear window in one piece which is not easy. After discussing the issue with the manager he agreed to redo the passenger side window and remove the sticker, but I would have to pay to redo the drivers window. I had him put that in writting and told him I would take a few days to see if I can live with it as is. So in review I think they did a good job for a fair price, but I think the advertising they slapped on my car is BS!

Based on the recommendations in this forum "Tim the Tintman" just did my miata today. I had been thinking about it for a while but this heat streak finally prodded me into actually doing it. On the way home I could already tell a difference in the amount of heat coming through the drivers side window. He did a great job and I would recommend him to anyone.
    90 Red NA
    91 Red NA
    99 Triple Black NB "Dimples"

Any more info on said Tintman? Location, website anything like that?
    2004 Saturn Ion Redline
    Wrong Wheel Drive
    1992 Grey MX-5
    Right Wheel Drive
    http://profile.imageshack.us/user/jeepinbanditride

Quote Originally Posted by jeepinbanditrider View Post
    Any more info on said Tintman? Location, website anything like that?
    Tim the Tintman: (817) 480-8468

No website. He's an old buddy of mine who has been tinting windows for a couple
    Of decades now. He works out in west fort worth.
    Iain