Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BMW AX #6 - Sat, 8/13/11 @ TMS

Quote Originally Posted by TxCoyote View Post
    I resemble that remark
    Are you getting resent and resemble mixed up again?

Either way, you in your car still weighs less than me in the Elise so you can't complain.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    Either way, you in your car still weighs less than me in the Elise so you can't complain.
    My total weight is not as much of an advantage as the 30-40 year technology advantage you have

My total weight is not as much of an advantage as the 30-40 year technology advantage you have
    You can always throw a supercharged Toyota four-pot in your probe.

Would rather have the chassis set up. My car is only 150 lbs. lighter than his I think. Then I lose half that in the driver weight difference so the weight difference is negligible. The more modern suspension is a significant advantage. Supposed advantages aside, Joseph is a better driver, but I'm better looking .

Got the Marriott for $45 on Friday night. Drag Racing at TMS on Friday night, BMW AX on Sat, and SCCA AX on Sunday.
    M3 is always the answer.

Fun. Did the drag race in Ennis tonight. Maybe 10-15 cars total racing. No waiting at all. Got time slips and everything, unlike the TMS events. Did 15 runs in 1 hour 20 min, then drove home. $10

Best deal ever.

Btw- NCs are NOT drag cars, but they beat up on Preludes, Civics, RX-8s and such pretty handily. :) had some really close runs with a new GTI, but his top end kept getting me in the last 300 ft.

I did manage to get a perfect launch: 0.000!
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Mike do you know if the Gti was stock or reflashed? Just curious how a tuned nc is to my old car.

Would rather have the chassis set up. My car is only 150 lbs. lighter than his I think. Then I lose half that in the driver weight difference so the weight difference is negligible. The more modern suspension is a significant advantage. Supposed advantages aside, Joseph is a better driver, but I'm better looking .
    My car was 1953 lbs in race trim without me in on SCCA scales. The Brunton site says your car is 1,460 so that's nearly 500 lbs lighter. Basically you're talking about an EMod car vs an ASP car.
    Last edited by CosmosMpower; 08-12-2011 at 10:38 AM.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    Fun. Did the drag race in Ennis tonight. Maybe 10-15 cars total racing. No waiting at all. Got time slips and everything, unlike the TMS events. Did 15 runs in 1 hour 20 min, then drove home. $10

Best deal ever.

Btw- NCs are NOT drag cars, but they beat up on Preludes, Civics, RX-8s and such pretty handily. :) had some really close runs with a new GTI, but his top end kept getting me in the last 300 ft.

I did manage to get a perfect launch: 0.000!
    What did it run? I'm going to guess 14.8 @ 94mph.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

Quote Originally Posted by 762 View Post
    Mike do you know if the Gti was stock or reflashed? Just curious how a tuned nc is to my old car.
    Reflashed GTI should smoke a tuned NC. I remember when we came back from lunch one time at TMS and your car was hanging with Ken's E46M3.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    My car was 1953 lbs in race trim without me in on SCCA scales. The Brunton site says your car is 1,460 so that's nearly 500 lbs lighter. Basically you're talking about an EMod car vs an ASP car.
    My car weighed at about 1720 at Pro Solo and that was before the roll cage addition. I think the Brunton number is for a stripped out car.

I'm still better looking

Better looking if you like cars that look like dildos.
    Andy Cost
    Humble Servant - Equipe Rapide

The GTI was stock on Hankook V12's (same tires I was wearing), but it was a 2010. No reflash, according to the driver ( Dudley, former auto crosser). Before he got heat soaked, he was running 14.8's, when we were running close at the end of the evening, he was running 14.9-15.0's.

Cosmos- my best runs were 15.03x @ 90 mph. I think the hot air really kills my HP, and the 255's are probably not the best choice for drag acceleration. Might be better off using the 205-35-17's that are on my oem wheels. Less hook up, but should accelerate better.

I ran a 14.9 at Royal Purple Raceway during the Houston Tour, but my launches were still really bad then. I finally got the hang of the Christmas tree last night. Kinda want to do the Pro Solo now...
    Polished Turd Racing

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    The GTI was stock on Hankook V12's (same tires I was wearing), but it was a 2010. No reflash, according to the driver ( Dudley, former auto crosser). Before he got heat soaked, he was running 14.8's, when we were running close at the end of the evening, he was running 14.9-15.0's.

Cosmos- my best runs were 15.03x @ 90 mph. I think the hot air really kills my HP, and the 255's are probably not the best choice for drag acceleration. Might be better off using the 205-35-17's that are on my oem wheels. Less hook up, but should accelerate better.

I ran a 14.9 at Royal Purple Raceway during the Houston Tour, but my launches were still really bad then. I finally got the hang of the Christmas tree last night. Kinda want to do the Pro Solo now...
    Yeah conditions probably weren't ideal, also the skinny tires should give better acceleration in the 1/4 mile. Guessing the Miata is good for a high 14 at low 90's.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

Seems reasonable. Once I got the launches down, I'm not sure what else I could've done besides shift well. I had a few sloppy shifts, but several runs felt pretty ideal. I can see another tenth or two if I improve shifts and limit wheel spin at the line, but I think the car is close to maxed out otherwise.

I think I'll do best at 1/8 mile tracks. I lost several runs against the GTI in the second 1/8th. I was at 72 mph after 1/8' and only 89-90 at 1/4th. Ran 9.6-9.7's for 1/8th pretty consistently.

Time for nitrous...
    Last edited by OZMDD; 08-12-2011 at 01:18 PM.
    Polished Turd Racing

I ran 10.40's in the Vert last week. Time for a diet.
    Andy Cost
    Humble Servant - Equipe Rapide

Ooh, it'd be fun to beat a Mustang GT!
    Polished Turd Racing

I'll be there tomorrow. It's been a month since I've done a event.

What's this stuff falling out of the sky this morning? Did the same thing last night.....

What's the weather like in fort worth?
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast