Thread: Seafoam / Check Engine Light

Default Seafoam / Check Engine Light

Did the Seafoam treatment earlier today per this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfRRm7eBjvY

A
    fter changing the oil & filter, I took it out for a 'spirited ride'. It seemed to improve performance.
    Even if it's only a placebo effect... DON'T BE A DREAM STEALER!

Anyway, my drive was only about 1.5 miles. The check engine light is on. Did I hose my O2 sensor or something? Do I just need to drive a little more? I'm hoping that I burned all that stuff off by now.

And yes, I checked the pointy board. Jeesh... just a bunch of arguments about its merits.

Any ideas?

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

What's the code?

I went back out to check the code and the light is now off. Thanks Sammm!

Seafoam is awesome. My racing seat even feels better. Although, that could be the 5 lbs I lost changing the oil in this heat.

Seafoam does work. Horse power in a can! We use it all the time at TDR. Ask Fast Driving Johnny if it works.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Heck yeah it works! Before Seafoam, I had to shut off the AC to accelerate from a stop and even then it was like a diesel truck grossing 80,000 lbs. I couldn't stay in 5th gear on Hwy 75 between McKinney and Plano with the AC on, it would actually slow down on the little hills going over and under bridges. Now, I can accelerate quickly with the AC left on and I actually broke loose the rear tires trying to make a spirited left turn onto a divided road. This is on a neglected (by the previous owner) 1990 with 185,000 miles on it.

TrackDog did my Seafoam treatment. They let the engine draw it into a vacuum line and then soak, and put a can in the fuel tank.

I've use it several times. Almost every time I would get a check engine light for atleast a hand full of miles. Im sure its the crap burning off and or sticking to the O2 sensor as it flys by. Enjoy your new found power and fun. Next time do a tune up, timming change, oil change and sea foam, thats a new hand full of power.

I'm due for an inspection this month, last year I was pretty close on passing emissions, do you all think the Seafoam would help or hurt the emission levels? Sorry I don't have the last years numbers in front of me right now.
    Father and son project car with a FM 2.5 suspension.

Get the car good and hot before getting the emissions test. The cat needs to be hot before it works at it's best.

I will do a couple of high speed sprints up and down Davis then pull in and yell "hurry up and get it on the Dyno!!"

Car passed! My lucky day, they did not put it on the rollers because the straps were broke, they just ran the low and high idle test so it did not check the Nox, which where I was only a couple of points away from failing last year.