Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well, it looks like my new neighbors are a-holes...

Default Well, it looks like my new neighbors are a-holes...

To my neighbors,

That's fine if you want to give me the cold shoulder but don't put up a bounce house for your daughter's birthday party and not invite my 5 year old daughter. Try explaining to her she can't go over because she wasn't invited.

...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Fill the streets with the blood of their still-beating hearts.
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

Buy something inexpensive-yet-thoughtful for every neighbor within a 3-4 house radius except the a-holes, then hand deliver them conspicuously to each porch when the neighbor is doing the yard.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Engine Builder

Sounds like someone needs to rent a petting zoo for their 5 year old and not invite the neighbor...

It sucks but that is a part of life she has to learn about. She won't always be invited to all the kid's parties and will have to face disappointment from time to time. It's just part of life.
    2004 Saturn Ion Redline
    Wrong Wheel Drive
    1992 Grey MX-5
    Right Wheel Drive
    http://profile.imageshack.us/user/jeepinbanditride

Quote Originally Posted by jeepinbanditrider View Post
    It sucks but that is a part of life she has to learn about. She won't always be invited to all the kid's parties and will have to face disappointment from time to time. It's just part of life.
    Yep. BR I know you just moved into this hood sounds like you don't even know the folks.

Back in the day if I didn't know the kids parents my kid we didn't automatically just let her play with them. Just because they lived in the hood didn't give them instant access to anything we were doing and we knew it was a two way street.

Yea it is tough to explain that to a 5 year old but those are the cards you were dealt.

You'll probably find out as you get to know them better that they aren' a holes at all. Have the kids ever even played together?
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Hopefully none of your neighbors are actual Facebook friends or visitors to dfwmiata.com because if they are, you just managed to make your daughter's life much more difficult. New neighborhood and a new school, not a good way to start things out. Besides, weren't you bragging about what a great neighborhood and great new neighbors you were meeting just a month ago? Did something happen that changed all that?

Take the high road man. Don't even think about any of the petty "getting even" ideas or you will truly regret it.

Soooo... what were they supposed to do? Have the bounce house party elsewhere? Honestly, it doesn't sound like a huge deal since (I'm guessing) you barely know these folks anyhow. Maybe they forgot. Maybe when school starts they'll be friendlier. The last thing you want to do is actively piss off your neighbor, and if word gets back to them via Stalkbook, then you've just made sure to do that. Just sayin...
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Screw you tree-hugging peacenik hippies!!
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Gee, did the husband neglect to buy you new tires the last time he was at the shop as well?
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonkey View Post
    Gee, did the husband neglect to buy you new tires the last time he was at the shop as well?
    ^That's funny.

The new neighbor is such an asshole. First he's coming and going at all kinds of odd hours with his loud car, then he gets all bent because his daughter - who's never even really played with our kid - didn't get invited to the birthday party my wife planned two months ago. Heck, she sent out the invites before he'd even moved in.

Sigh... This used to be such a nice neighborhood...
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

.......come on down to the big city, my Hispanic neighbor invited my wife and I to his daughters 6th bday party (and they had a bounce house in the back yard!)...guess he didn't want to piss me off

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    The new neighbor is such an asshole. First he's coming and going at all kinds of odd hours with his loud car, then he gets all bent because his daughter - who's never even really played with our kid - didn't get invited to the birthday party my wife planned two months ago. Heck, she sent out the invites before he'd even moved in.

Sigh... This used to be such a nice neighborhood...

Our driveways and garages face each other and we see them all the time. Katie has played with their kids and we have been nothing but nice to them. Bodie lets their son use has skate rail all the time too. The thing is, if we see them, unless we initiate a greeting they will not say anything. If we do initiate a greeting they reciprocate but it's not a warm greeting. I'd say, maybe that's just their personality but I've seen them be super friendly to all the other neighbors.

I know she needs to learn this but as a protective papa, I don't want her to have to be upset because she wasn't invited. In our old hood, we got along great with our neighbors and they are on Facebook. The new neighbors are not on our FB feed and certainly unaware of dfwmiata. I don't plan to do anything about it. I'm not a vengeful type. I was just venting.

We just can't understand what their issue is with us. The b-day party was just the clincher to get upset and only because my daughter was upset. I'll still be friendly, take the high-road and kill them with kindness . Maybe they'll figure out we aren't so bad after all.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Buy your daughter a copy of Princess Bride and play the part where the Dread Pirate is told, "Life is full of disappointment, get used to it."

Then take her out front and teach her how to make the first move. Go invite all the kids in the neighborhood over for home made ice cream and a movie.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

No Father likes to have their Child feel like they have been left out. This guy sounds like an A-Hole to me. A couple from Chicago moved in next to me 8 years ago and called or knocked on my door every time my kids were loud in my back yard. Guess what, my kids are all gone now and his kids are now in High School making plenty noise in his back yard. I wonder who he complains to now?
    Bobby

RED RULES!
    90 Miata, 04 Rubicon, 05 Boxster

I'm guessing they don't like you and are taking their vengeance through the kids.

In all honesty, it most likely has nothing to do with you personally. You are a renter in a shiny new neighborhood. Probably the first. Some will see your presence as bad for the neighborhood without ever meeting you. They may worry that it will lower home prices. They may assume you are not responsible. Most will never consider you a full fledged member of the neighborhood. They will assume you will will move on in a year or two, only to be replaced by some other undesirably short-timer. Then again, it could just be you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast