Thread: New to Miatas and cars.

MiataProtege

Default New to Miatas and cars.

I'm 20 years old.... soon to be 21. I plan on purchasing my first Miata and first car that costs more than $1000 on Wednesday.

It's beautiful and it's going to be my baby. I work anywhere from 30 hours a week to 65. I have 3 jobs, I work at Uhaul, Sam's Club, and Movie Tavern. I am currently going to school and not sure what I want to be yet, but definitely don't want to be making pop corn anymore!

I am very excited about owning a Miata... and for the past 2 months I havnt gone a day without saying Miata atleast 100 times. I'm trying to learn everything I can about Miatas.... cars in general (how to fix them, how to mod them, how to use a stick better, how to drive, how to pay less). I would like to join Miata groups... I have a little fantasy about driving 20+ Miatas down the highway together.... that would be REALLY cool. I would absolutely love to do that. Tops down, cruising at a little over the speed limit so others could see us all pass them.

And... My name is Keith and I live in Fort Worth! Hope to speak more on this forum in the future.

Sir you need to calm down

MiataProtege

Quote Originally Posted by NissanFairladyZ32 View Post
    Sir you need to calm down
    That is very possible, but I'm not planning on calming down until about a month after I buy my car.

By the way I just sold my piece of crap '95 Lumina with a failing transmission for 500, pretty happy about that aswell.

Welcome to the mayhem!
    -Jim
    Ok -- who owns "Team Squid?" I want in!!
    SOLD! - 2004 Titanium Gray MX-5 MazdaSpeed (#744 of 4000). Bone stock!
    Next up: Mustang Guard EB, 6sp manual, 100a package, Performance package, Recaros and the back-up beep-beep!

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Welcome aboard! Post up some pics when you get your Miata.

PS
    Update your profile so we all know you're in Ft. Worth. It will be helpful down the road.

Welcome and have fun.

Good luck with your purchase. What year are you looking at? I thought maybe you were in Denton when I saw Movie Tavern.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

welcome. hope your search for your miata goes well, dont forget to keep coming back for the weekday meets and the yearly Propwash bash every year. tons of fun for everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by MiataProtege View Post
    I have a little fantasy about driving 20+ Miatas down the highway together.... that would be REALLY cool. I would absolutely love to do that. Tops down, cruising at a little over the speed limit so others could see us all pass them.
    BTDT. Back road twisties are where it's at though. Nothing like pulling into a small town gas station with 30+ Miatas and making the front page of the local paper. As the weather is finally getting cooler, I think we need to schedule some Miata runs. The best is the last weekend in July for Miatas at the Gap. Picture hundreds of Miatas, stock to extremely modded in every color of the rainbow and miles and miles of local twisty roads.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Welcome to the madness of this forum and the addiction to fun cars.

We need pictures and profile info as others have already stated. Pay attention to tech day postings. The best way to learn about cars is working on them. When a tech day is offered, show up and pay more attention to the work than the BS and you'll learn.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Sounds like you are as excited as I was when I first got addicted. Red 99 specifically.
    I ended up with my 01 less than a year later, and I love it like I built it myself.
    I did end up also buying a red 99 last year though, only to find I like the handling better on my 01.

It's definitely a great car to learn with, both car control and work/maintenance.

Most importantly, have fun!
    '01 Miata. Silver/Red Stripes. HDHCDD
    '13 Mazda2. Spirited Green.