Thread: I'm taking the plunge...

Default I'm taking the plunge...

My miata has had a turbo for two years... Sitting on a shelf in the corner of the garage. I'm making progress -- it's in the car now... In the trunk.

I've finally decided to get past my fear of installing all this mess. It's nothing major, Garrett T25 + intercooler and all the plumbing. I know I'm going to need new fans to make room for the pipes to/from the intercooler.

I found a great deal on a Mizu FS-MIA-99. But the question is this: How different is the radiator setup between an NA and an NB? IE: Will this part fit in my NA?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
    There's no six-way traction control. There's no complicated folding metal roof. It's simpler than that. Engine in the front, drive to the rear, and a big smiling piece of meat in the middle.

Currently:

1991 Mariner Blue (daily driver)
    Previously:
    1994 M-Edition

If you're about to tackle a DIY turbo kit and you're not sure what the difference is between an NA and NB radiator, you might want to reconsider.

NA radiator have bolt on brackets with sliders and two bolts.

NB radiator have 4 posts attached to them with rubber dampers.

it's not impossible, by any mean, you just might want to research it before installing.

I think the question was more about the fan assembly than the actual radiators... He's asking about what can he do for the cooling fans to make room for the intercooler and piping...
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Who told you that you have to replace the fans to make room? If it's some kind of special kit that requires it, shouldn't it say what you want to use? Or at least the ideal dimensions to look for?

I had the stock fans on the FMII kit I had years ago, and all the various setups I've had since then (with everything from a GT25 to a GT2871 on log manifolds to tubular, using 2" or 2.5" piping each time). The only reason I had to trim a tiny part of the fans was to install the hollow RB bar. 1.6l motor with a 52mm radiator (read: pretty damn thick).

Dave04 is correct. I'm just trying to figure out the differences between an NA fan shroud assembly vs. NB. I've never owned an NB. Simply put, I like the fans, shroud and price. I'm just trying to figure out if I can get away with it.
    There's no six-way traction control. There's no complicated folding metal roof. It's simpler than that. Engine in the front, drive to the rear, and a big smiling piece of meat in the middle.

Currently:

Previously:
    1994 M-Edition

Have you blasted a note to Mizu? They may be able to help.

Link -> http://www.mymizu.com/mafansh.html

Blast sent shortly after seeing your post. Waiting to see what they say.

Currently:

Previously:
    1994 M-Edition