Thread: Tarrant County Auto Show

Default Tarrant County Auto Show

I went last evening expecting the MazdaSpeed6 and a bunch of the latest concept cars.....NOTHING Not even an MSM. GT40 and Aston Martin V12s were nice. Even the "models" were nothing to look at....SIGH!
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Shoot I wished I had known you were going! My daughter and I were there last night also!

I got my MazdaSpeed 6 in GT4... Does that count?

What's up with the rash of auto "shows" recently where they don't show anything?
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

The Dallas show is April 13-17. I imagine the selection will be bigger there. I saw the MS6 at the LA show. It looks great in the flesh. Very mature and muscular. Much more convincing as a performance sedan than a Maxima, Grand Prix, and the like. Couldn't get in it, though.

We (which now means "I") should try to coordinate a time to attend the Dallas show together.

S.

Quote Originally Posted by srivendel
    We (which now means "I") should try to coordinate a time to attend the Dallas show together.
    S.
    I think he is starting to catch on!

A group of us (MME folks) when to the Dallas Auto Show last year, followed up with dinner in the west end! It was a lot of fun!

I was thinking about heading down there today, but it sounds like you guys just saved me the trip.

Sad thing is, my parents are going with some friends this weekend. Why? They want to look at the new Avalon. I guess they really are getting old...
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Shelley used to have an Avalon so she wanted to look at it too (I think she misses hers.......). It looks very nice. Big. Luxurious. $33,000+ As for me, nothing even comes close to the MS6.
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Well it's not like the cars they drive now (dad's got a '97 4Runner, mom has an '01 RX300) are full of youthful exuberance, although dad does have his motorcycle. There's just something about the Avalon - as a Toyota, I'm sure it is well built and well executed, but it is just the ultimate polar opposite of what I want in a car. Well, except for the ventilated seats.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw