Thread: Need some ideas for a speach

Default Need some ideas for a speach

This is a little late on my part, but I was wondering if anyone had any good ideas for a speach at a weeding. I'm the best man and it's tomorrow (actually today since its 130am). I figured I would just say what comes to mind, but now that it's less than a day away i'm kinda nervous. anyway, any help would be apreciated. Thanks.
    2012 VW GTI
    4 Door White

Start with "Well I havent really thought about what I was going to say until today {wait for laughter to stop} but,...

edit: maybe we could do one of those finish the sentence posts, let us know a little about the guy and girl, we could make a great story quick!

known him for about 12 years now. been best friends for about the last 5. he wanted to fight me 2 times in the first few years, but he was always too drunk to do it. he use to drag me to titty bars all the time, before he started dating this girl.

the girl, known for about 5 years. she's really cool (most of the time). kinda an air head. acts blonde without the blonde hair. has a hot sister that is the maid of honer but is married with 3 kids . cant really think of anything else.

I was going to start out the speech " Wow, I didn't know they knew so many people, Yall must be here for the free beer". other than that i dont know :)
    2012 VW GTI
    4 Door White

Quote Originally Posted by chucka
    known him for about 12 years now. been best friends for about the last 5. he wanted to fight me 2 times in the first few years, but he was always too drunk to do it. he use to drag me to titty bars all the time, before he started dating this girl.

the girl, known for about 5 years. she's really cool (most of the time). kinda an air head. acts blonde without the blonde hair. has a hot sister that is the maid of honer but is married with 3 kids . cant really think of anything else.

I was going to start out the speech " Wow, I didn't know they knew so many people, Yall must be here for the free beer". other than that I dont know :)
    Wow! Don't say any of that.

I'd keep it all positive. Nothing says tacky than a toast boasting of how much partying he did before he met her.

Talk about how good a friend he is, how happy you are for them and wish them success and happiness in the future. How you've seen how good they are together, etc...

Remember their families will be there including grandparents. Keep it clean and family-oriented.

Also, don't get drunk. Another tacky thing.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Default Re: Need some ideas for a speach

Quote Originally Posted by chucka
    This is a little late on my part, but I was wondering if anyone had any good ideas for a speach at a weeding.
    Well since it's just a weeding who cares what you say! At least it's not a wedding!

Tell folks what a good friend he has been over the years, and how you could always count on him in good times as well as bad! Tell a “family friendly” story of one of you escapades. The say something about how happy your buddy has been since he meet this broad, and how you wish them a long a happy life together and hope someday to find that special gal.

It’s easy write it down and keep it in your jacket! Don’t forget you only get one chance at this speech don’t screw it up.