Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Off-season mods for 2012 season

Just a few little things to do this off-season, like a CSP-legal front airdam/splitter and rear spoiler (from Janco), and some engine compartment heat management. I've also removed the factory Appearance Package and traded with a fellow NC autocrosser for his stock side valances, and will be painting the lower portion of the NC.
    Last edited by rpmchris; 12-25-2011 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Add picture

New cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve E View Post
    New cooler.
    Are you just going to guy a bunch of cheap bumber stickers to apply and remove in order to peel off the remaining paint? Then you an just polish the bare metal.

I'm planning on finding some good paying work over the Christmas break so I can afford to bribe someone into building a competitive STR car that I can fit in...
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    Are you just going to guy a bunch of cheap bumber stickers to apply and remove in order to peel off the remaining paint? Then you an just polish the bare metal.
    Unfortunately bare metal is not allowed by the rules in STS & strange as it may seem none of the paint came off when I stripped all the old stickers off. Sure as heck comes off when you hit it with an airhose though.

Aero
    Lighten the front suspension (unsprung weight)
    Lighten the loose nut behind the wheel (read diet)

I figure I can shed 100 lbs between the car and me. 15-20 per corner and about 30-40 in the middle

Quote Originally Posted by TxCoyote View Post
    Lighten the front suspension (unsprung weight)
    How about unsprung AND rotational?

Quote Originally Posted by Davidss View Post
    How about unsprung AND rotational?
    Yeah, forgot to mention that one. Going with a Wilwood setup for the brakes which will drop that and improve stopping power.

Well, I have the parts, but the Civic needed new bearings and an axle assembly, so that came first. I hope to start on the Miata on Monday.

Blog Entries

Dust it off after nearly two years and drive it
    Stripe Das Sape

We are leading the world to democracy by example.

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by creek View Post
    Dust it off after nearly two years and drive it
    Bout time!
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

New header vs old header!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

How much more power and where on the rev range will it come in?

w/ the new midpipe (also going in) and a reflash update I'm expecting 12-15 WHP, 7-10 TQ. Most of the HP comes in higher on the powerband, but the TQ should still be across the range. Might lose a little down low, depending on the backpressure the midpipe makes. Will be determining that after its all installed and reflashed/datalogged. I've heard some claim even more, but I'm going in with conservative expectations. 10 whp and 5 tq would be very satisfactory to me.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Nice. I yanked my wankel out of the RX7 today and fixed my lift which was leaking. A pretty full day. Gotta get the stuff over to the guy to put the new (more HP) motor together. I'd like to have it ready to shake out for a TT or AutoX by March and then hit the track with it after.

New boost controller, ebay intercooler, and hopefully Artech exhaust.
    2013 Mazda2 slushbox daily
    1993 Miata (future exocet donor)

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    New header vs old header!
    How much weight savings?

New lightweight battery (mine bit the dust) and new front sway bar for now.

I just got an NA I'm getting ready for autocross. Going through a couple oil treatments (had HLA tick). Already replaced the headlights with e-codes (any night autocrosses coming up? haha). Will be doing the pads/rotors all around. Brake fluid already replaced. New clutch/diff/tranny fluid. New radiator. Have to replace a tire already (Kumho Ecsta XS). Unrepairable flat after 1k miles. I think I'll get road hazard this time... I replaced the air filter with a standard paper filter. Is it worth it to go to a K&N drop-in? Still need to clean the AFM. After oil treatment and Seafoam, going to replace the spark plugs and advance timing to 14* and go to 93 octane. Also need to fix the soft top leak.

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser View Post
    I'm planning on finding some good paying work over the Christmas break so I can afford ...
    This!!! : http://www.dfwmiata.com/threads/21627-Fs-Str-2006-mx5

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast