Thread: Because I'm too lazy to search, but what is the "new" tire for autoxing in a miata.

Default Because I'm too lazy to search, but what is the "new" tire for autoxing in a miata.

for street legal tires.
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

Dunlop Star Spec is the one I like mainly because it is about the only choice in a 14" tire.... There are a couple of other choices that the other kids will tell ya about.

Quote Originally Posted by Ataim View Post
    for street legal tires.
    Kook RS3

Hankook RS3's are very good, cheap, long-lasting and very heat tolerant.

Dunlop Star Specs seem practically equal to RS3 in grip, crisper turn-in, a bit more $$ and less heat tolerant, superior in DD manners and the best in rain.

Toyo R1R are very grippy, especially in cool temps and wet, price varies, not heat tolerant at all and are generally good for 60-ish runs max (except the magical 195/50/15 size) before they suddenly turn to crap. They pay a nice contingency.

New Falken 615K tires are really grippy, super crisp, same heat issues and cycle-out as old Azenis, overpriced. They ARE still eligible for the free tire drawing from SCCA/ER.

I've been really happy with RS3's for the past season.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Love my RS3s. Still debating on R1R or RS3 for cooler winter/spring months this year.

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

running in tire class? I'd buy some Continnentals. the snow tires are great at mineral wells.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Depends on the wheel size.

I'm on my third set of Dunlops...can't say enough good things about them for daily use!