Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DKC Super Endurance Race at Dallas Karting Complex - 12/6/11

Default DKC Super Endurance Race at Dallas Karting Complex - 12/6/11

Just saw this on another forum:

Quote Originally Posted by Bakushan View Post
    Thought you guys might like this.

**Mods, if this needs to be deleted to follow forum rules, feel free to do so. DKC is ready/willing/able to become a DFWAC sponsor**

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=131501313620707

DKC 4HR Super Endurance Race
    December 6th 2011
    7:30pm-11:30pm

FORUM TEAMS WELCOME!

10 teams of racers will compete in a non stop 4 hour endurance race at DKC to see which can complete the most laps. The winning team will get the fame, glory and sweet cash prizes. Only the strongest will survive!

$500 PER TEAM TO ENTER

3-4 Racers Per Team, each team member will have to race within 15 minutes of the other drivers total track times.
    -New set of tires for each kart
    -Gas Provided
    -Tuning of tire pressure, seat and pedals allowed
    -Pitting allowed
    -Official time-keeping with MYLAPS system

RULES:
    -Maximum 10 teams
    -Maximum 4 drivers, Minimum 3
    -Drivers weight must average 180lbs
    -Drivers must average within 15 minutes of equal track time

Divided amongst 4 drivers, this is $125 per person to drive as many as laps as possible in 4 hours! The normal rate for 10 minutes of seat time at DKC in a rental kart is $30 - THIS IS A BARGAIN!

Don't miss this one of a kind race! Which website or team will be crowed the most hardcore racers in Texas?
    I've already emailed Mike to reserve a team spot - which three of you yahoos are going to be my teammates?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

Wait, 4 hours in the 65mph rental carts?

Have you thought this through? When we went out inaugural weekend and I won the almost fast heat I couldn't finish the champion heat due to fatigue. One hour of seat time even down to 30 minutes will be exhausting. Broken down more will be too much time wasted in the pits.

Ahh I thought this was another event like the Vorshlag event this summer, I got all excited.

By the way, when's the next event? I've got only a month before the new kid gets here and i've got the OK from my wife to race all I can...and my cars broke down.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

I'm trying to put together another event some time in November. Detail TBD.

Nails, I've thought this through. It's going to be a beating, but it will be a fun beating. Don't forget it also won't be 100+ degrees in December.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

OK, I've got my team together! Team Topless representing for s2ki.com is ready to go!

BTW, I talked to Mike out at DKC and more than half the team spots are filled already (you must give them a $100 deposit to reserve a team spot). If you guys are interested better sign up quick!
    Iain

Anyone else wanna make a team? Iain, you can put me down as an alternate in the meantime.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

I may be able to, I weigh ~ 140 so I'd bring the average weight down a lot lol.
    '01 Miata. Silver/Red Stripes. HDHCDD
    '13 Mazda2. Spirited Green.

I weigh ~225 and I suck as a driver, but if someone needs a driver let me know.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

If we're that close to a team, I'd be in. I haven't raced anything in years though, so...uh...I weigh ~172 +/- a pound or 2 on any given day, so I at least would help the average team weight as well.

BAH! That's my work Christmas party, so I'll be 1200 miles away. Damn it.

Got this on their facebook wall. Someone asked about using ballast.

"You will have to have heavy teammates to make weight. Lead is not an option. 3 drivers on scales must total 540 lbs. 4 drivers on scales must total 720 lbs. Minimums. All drivers will have to have within 15 minutes of teammates total tracktime. Meaning light person cannot run majority of race. "

I bet a team of Wags, Trey, Jeff, and Quan would be good.

Interested, I would definitely need ballast though. 150 on a good day, LOL. Can you bring your own kart? Neighbor has a few shifter/rotax karts.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Don't forget - this will be night time in December. So figure 10-15 pounds in clothing and gear + whatever your "normal" weight is.

You'll be sitting in what amounts to a 40+ mph wind for an hour in December - dress warmly!
    Iain

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

If it wasn't a weekday i already had a ringer team ready to go =(

In winter clothes I'll be right at the avg weight, so me and cosmos can work with a heavier driver and another avg weight driver to make a perfect team.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Driver

I'd be the ballast, but I damn sure don't know if I'm up to 1 hour in a kart.
    Plus, my bedtime is long before 11:30 these days lol.

I'd be a great weight ballast if someone needed one. I'll even be off work that week (i'll probably still be in the hospital with my wife and a brand new daughter though...)

I've never raced karts, but I only weigh 135 + jacket or whatever, and would love to do this.

EDIT: Dammit, it's a Tuesday, I have class until 7..

if anyone needs a slow driver for their team..... I weigh in at about 170 clothed..... and I can be there by 7:30......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got a team put together.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast