Thread: Miatas at Mazda Raceway

Default Miatas at Mazda Raceway

http://www.miatasatmazdaraceway.com/

Registration just opened. Thinking about going but haven't worked out the logistics. I wouldn't be registering as a driver, though. Still, I think it would be a lot of fun. Even more fun if we had a caravan/convoy from DFW.

Why would you go and not drive? It's friggin LAGUNA SECA!!! I went in '09 and it was pretty damn cool. But it was also the 20th b-day of the Miata, so there was a nice dinner and a talk by Tom Matano.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Car and driver aren't ready yet

You've got almost three months... get after it!
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days

It'll be ready for autocross pretty soon.

Before I take it to a road course I want to:
    roll bar
    racing seats
    harness

Before I go to Laguna Seca I want to do an event at MSR.

Yes, I have enough time to do all those things, but I don't have the $$$ to do it all before then.

Three months... go get the roll bar, plan to drive on the track, but don't feel like you have to go set the record. Get out there and meet Tom Matano (I just got the email that he's confirmed as an "honored guest"). With any luck, he'll sign your poster. Seriously, it's Laguna Seca. It's gorgeous out there. If you're even thinking about it, and if you can swing the trip, then you need to do it right.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan

Dyno Days

Quote Originally Posted by trickyrix View Post
    Three months... go get the roll bar, plan to drive on the track, but don't feel like you have to go set the record. Get out there and meet Tom Matano (I just got the email that he's confirmed as an "honored guest"). With any luck, he'll sign your poster. Seriously, it's Laguna Seca. It's gorgeous out there. If you're even thinking about it, and if you can swing the trip, then you need to do it right.
    It's hard to argue that. I don't know if I can budget it but I'll try. I also don't know if I register as a driver and don't drive if I can get a refund.

Is no one else interested!?

I would love to go but that is a very long drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Nails View Post
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Nails View Post
    Nobody is going to say otherwise. But if we get enough people to go I think it would be more than manageable (read: not boring).
    2013 Audi S4
    1997 Montego Blue Miata

No road trip is boring to me. But because the way I travel (no interstates and lots of stops for sight seeing) I see that as 8 days travel time and 2 at the track. I don't think many ppl on here can or want to take 10 days off for this.

That is a long trip. I was thinking more like 4 days travel time and 2 at the track. That would still require taking 4 days off and be a grueling drive there and back. Would be doable though.
    2013 Audi S4
    1997 Montego Blue Miata

Quote Originally Posted by GroceryHauler View Post
    That is a long trip. I was thinking more like 4 days travel time and 2 at the track. That would still require taking 4 days off and be a grueling drive there and back. Would be doable though.
    I can't fathom driving 1600 miles in 2 days, spending 2 days on the track, and then another 2 800 mile days driving home. That would be a beating.

No way I drive 1600 miles for this. The only way I ever run Laguna Seca is arrive-and-drive or I move to CA.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    I can't fathom driving 1600 miles in 2 days, spending 2 days on the track, and then another 2 800 mile days driving home. That would be a beating.
    I agree 2 days travel each way would be brutal. 3 or 4 days makes a lot more sense, but as Nails said, that's a lot of time off. Conservatively speaking, 3 days each way would be about 11 hours between lodgings. 4 days each way would be about 8.5 hours.

If we can get enough people to go, I'd probably be willing to take 6 days off (3 days on either side of the weekend). I would just consider it a vacation. 8 days off I'd really have to think about.