Thread: alignment

Chassis Designer

Default alignment

need an alignment done. any suggestions...the midas down here doesn't do the lifetime alignment anymore. any advise would be much appreciated guys...thanks
    See profile for more details: 14.56 @ 94.89 on 50 shot. 2.18- 60', 9.40 @ 75.52- 1/8.

Start

Do a search! :P

End

Seriously, alignments and good places to get them have been discussed on here many times. Search is your friend.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Alignments shops are like restaurants. The midas and NTB "lifetime" alignments are like cheap buffet places (think golden corral or chinese buffet). Real suspension shops may cost a little more and not offer lifetime alignments, but Ruths Chris doesnt offer all you can eat steaks for a reason. You get what you pay for, and if a "lifetime" of questionable alignments is all you need, then you know where to go.

Chassis Designer

well, where i was going with that is that i'd like an alignment that can do multiple things, yeah it's great to set it very very agressive if you're rich enough to put new tires on it all the time. unfortunatly that's not me, so i would like to be able to have it a little gentler on the tires when i'm not driving it appropriately. i was thinking about trying my hand at autox this season, but i also enjoy drage racing (which an autox alignment is very much counter productive when you are doing this). see what i mean?
    See profile for more details: 14.56 @ 94.89 on 50 shot. 2.18- 60', 9.40 @ 75.52- 1/8.

I do see what you mean...and if you know what specs you want your car aligned to and trust the tech, this system would probably work out for you.

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Using the restaurant analogy, lifetime warranties are like all you can eat buffets. They really don't mean all you can eat for the rest of your life and if you show up at a lifetime alignment place every couple of weeks, they may get tired of seeing your car and varying specs. Unless you know someone and bring bribes. IMHO
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region