Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012 NTAXS Winter Autocross 1/29/12 at Pennington Field in Bedford

Default 2012 NTAXS Winter Autocross 1/29/12 at Pennington Field in Bedford

I just booked Pennington Field for Sunday 1/29 for our annual Winter Autocross. It is the Sunday between the play-offs and the "big game." More info as we get closer.

Just a FYI. The Chevron station next to Pennington is a pile of rubble and steel. I drove by it today. I don't know what will be going up in it's place.

Quote Originally Posted by general default View Post
    I don't know what will be going up in it's place.
    A highway.

They are also moving the bus paddock at PMS, so we will lose some of the lot that we use for grid and paddock. We should probably be okay with space unless there is a football event at the stadium on the same day. We'll just deal with it. The NTAXS grids on the road, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by general default View Post
    Just a FYI. The Chevron station next to Pennington is a pile of rubble and steel. I drove by it today. I don't know what will be going up in it's place.

Rumor has it that they are going to a drag strip with 80 db noise restrictions

Quote Originally Posted by TxCoyote View Post
    Rumor has it that they are going to a drag strip with 80 db noise restrictions
    Part of the 183 expansion project, I bet!

I will be there! Sounds like fun!
    2008 Evolution GSR

Wooo my birthday! Is this a special event with tons of runs or just another run-of-the-mill autocross?

If 8 is "tons," then yes. It is similar to other NTAXS events, but JJ usually alters the course a little during the lunch break and treats it as two courses in the results. Sorta like a 2-day divisional is run, but all in one day. Similar, yet different. Absurd, yet placid...
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Driver

I'll be there...

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    If 8 is "tons," then yes. It is similar to other NTAXS events, but JJ usually alters the course a little during the lunch break and treats it as two courses in the results. Sorta like a 2-day divisional is run, but all in one day. Similar, yet different. Absurd, yet placid...
    Correct. Four runs in the AM on one course and four runs in the PM on a different course. We sum the best times from each course.

Suspension Modder

Count me in. I'm already putting it on the calendar.

I'll probably be there. It's only bee two weeks since the last race and I'm already jonesing!
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    Correct. Four runs in the AM on one course and four runs in the PM on a different course. We sum the best times from each course.
    Sort of like SCCA Rallycross scoring, at least in my old region - 2-4 courses in a day and all times are summed. Cool idea for autocross, I like it. I'll try to be there for sure.

Serious question since I've never been through a TX winter yet - what is the weather going to be like for this? In NY, if you say you're doing an autocross anytime before the end of April you'd just get laughed at.

It could be sunny and 100 degrees or it could be 5 degrees with an inch of ice on the ground.
    Andy Cost
    Humble Servant - Equipe Rapide

Son, your not in NY anymore. We laugh at you anytime::

From the Internet:

In the last 57 years the highest measured temperature in Dallas Texas for January was 95 degrees Fahrenheit, measured on January 29, 1911, while the normal high temperature is 54. The coldest January day in Dallas for the past 57 years was 2 most recently measured on January 30, 1949, and the regular low is 34.

Andy Cost
    Humble Servant - Equipe Rapide

Quote Originally Posted by nomadtrash View Post
    From the Internet:

In the last 57 years the highest measured temperature in Dallas Texas for January was 95 degrees Fahrenheit, measured on January 29, 1911, while the normal high temperature is 54. The coldest January day in Dallas for the past 57 years was 2 most recently measured on January 30, 1949, and the regular low is 34.
    Wow, you weren't kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by nomadtrash View Post
    It could be sunny and 100 degrees or it could be 5 degrees with an inch of ice on the ground.
    Or the morning after the 5 degree day it could be warming to 100 with an inch of ice on the ground!

I decide at 9 AM on the Thursday before the event if the weather conditions prohibit the event. If that happens, then we just refund everyone's money. We generally look for less an a 30% chance of rain and a high of at least 45 degrees. We have been lucky the past two years with our January event.

Only 95 days to go!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast