Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Tire Rack Sun Belt National Tour - March 16-18, 2012, College Station

Default 2012 Tire Rack Sun Belt National Tour - March 16-18, 2012, College Station

Registration info here.

Never too early to start planning... I'm looking for a competitive co-drive for the Sun Belt National Tour. Prefer ST or Stock, but I'm open to just about anything! If you need a tire warmer, please drop me an email at [email protected]. Thanks!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Signed up in the Road Tire RWD pax class (140 TW). Looks like they are offering 3 Stock Road Tire classes for FWD, RWD, and AWD cars.

I plan on doing that as well. Should be fun. Wonder if they plan Road Tire classes for the Pro as well.

They will have a Road Tire class at the Pro. It sounds like it will be one class with all stock cars in it.

Quote Originally Posted by slates View Post
    I plan on doing that as well. Should be fun. Wonder if they plan Road Tire classes for the Pro as well.
    http://www.dfwmiata.com/threads/2188...ss-in-Pro-Solo

I'll pass on running a PRO in the same class as the AWD cars. I'll stick to CS, street tires and all.

Few questions:

Is there a preferred hotel that everyone stays at?

Do I need to be there Friday too, or showing up early Saturday is ok?

Quote Originally Posted by jbh View Post
    Few questions:

Is there a preferred hotel that everyone stays at?

Do I need to be there Friday too, or showing up early Saturday is ok?
    The event hotel is the Knights Inn, I beleive. I am staying at the Ramada, which is a newer hotel just off the bypass.

People have arrived on Sat morning for past events. It just squeezes more tasks in that morning.

Kim and I have stayed at the super8 the last few times and will again for the tour.

How many runs per day usually?

At a tour you will only get three. Then the best run from both days will be combined.

You should definitely go. The competition will be much higher than a local event.

OK, signed up and staying at the super 8. I have an extra bed if someone wants to split the room and does not snore. Anyone want to co-drive an NB?

I'm in. Decided to go for the Knight's Inn deal. Gonna throw a blacklight party!
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    I'm in. Decided to go for the Knight's Inn deal. Gonna throw a blacklight party!
    You won't need a room mate then. That place is crawling with critters and the management is not much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve E View Post
    You won't need a room mate then. That place is crawling with critters and the management is not much better.

How far from the event sites are most of the hotels? Anyone recommend a nicer location or know one that has LARGE parking spots?
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

I don't think there are any motels within 5-10 miles of the actual site; its well outside of the main town area. It's a really quick drive to all of the stuff right around the University though. The event hotel from last year's Div is really new and seemed to have good parking, as well as more lots across the street. I think its a Best Western.
    Polished Turd Racing

FYI - Jason and I stayed at the Knight's Inn (104 Texas Ave. South) last year at the Divisional, and regretted it.

FYI - I just did a Priceline.com hotel bid for 3-star only, and got the Lasalle Hotel in Bryan for $62/night.

Last year at the Div I ended up my first night at the Motel 6 for under $50. The rooms were remodeled and like-new, great room, but the parking lot and clientele is sketchy. (Wortham was there, I think that's even worse!) A plus: there is a DQ next door! Several participants had autox rides in the parking lot and nothing seems to have gone awry, but I would have spent another $10-15 to stay at a quieter place if I had known.
    Polished Turd Racing

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast