Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do I entertain a wealthy client in Dallas?

If they are coming in from LA check with the secretary that they aren,t free range, gluten free vegan tree huggers before making arrangements to go to a steak house.
    I drive to fast to worry about my cholesterol.

Ledbetter pig guts tacos should be pretty entertaining.
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

Quote Originally Posted by MiataProtege View Post
    Here's my two cents....

The Gaylord Texan? Would qualify as both the nice hotel and the nice restaurants. It's in Grapevine.
    Really? You're going to recommend a giant chain hotel? Did that just happen? STFU...
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Quote Originally Posted by trickyrix View Post
    Really? You're going to recommend a giant chain hotel? Did that just happen? STFU...
    You made me spit coffee on my computer..... Darn you trickyrix!

Keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by trickyrix View Post
    Anywhere America in a sea of annoying children with a theme of, "Hey, come lock yourself in this mall-like-dome for three days!!!!"

What were you expecting? Miataportajon IS the target demographic for the Gaylord: families with small children. "Oooh, look at the pretty lights!"

Seriously, this is a big boy conversation, not "what do you like to do in DFW?"
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

+1 on Stephan Pyles, but it's hard for me to recommend a restaurant where the owner names it after himself...but only the name. If it were "Stephan Pyles' Kitchen" no one would laugh at him.
    Javier's is pretty good and classy, Javier always has half the Ferrari club over at all times.
    La Duni is decent
    It's a shame York Street closed, it was the king of all restaurants.
    The French Room is good but "hey everyone, this place is French!!!"
    This is all I can think of now.

I'll still take my unfortunate animal tacos and boiled pig noodle soup over the fancy places. I did my time in fine dining. BTW, do not go to Meddlesome Moth, may that place burn in hell for all eternity.

MiataProtege

Hey, I take the girls I'm extra interested in there.... and.... it usually ends with me getting laid. Lol.

How about Chuck E Cheese? I especially like it there. That is.... when I get enough quarters.

The Gaylord is a big step up from the trailer park meth lab. Good for you.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Quote Originally Posted by CarCar View Post
    If they are coming in from LA check with the secretary that they aren,t free range, gluten free vegan tree huggers before making arrangements to go to a steak house.
    Heh, true.

Try a meal at Reata's Ft Worth before a trip to Billy Bob's.
    Bobby

RED RULES!
    90 Miata, 04 Rubicon, 05 Boxster

Do they like cars? Let the boss run your car in an Autcross event if available?
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

Quote Originally Posted by Ataim View Post
    Do they like cars? Let the boss run your car in an Autcross event if available?
    That's not exactly a professional suggestion. That's something you do for your buddy coming into town, not an executive you have a business relationship with.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    That's not exactly a professional suggestion. That's something you do for your buddy coming into town, not an executive you have a business relationship with.
    Not sure I agree. Depends a lot on the client.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

what part of town are they coming to? i've been dragged all around cities before where someone wanted me to see "everything" and that's a beating as well. you may want to focus on places close to the reason they are coming and work from there. good suggestions so far, but i'd throw Bob's in there as well. always a consistent fav of our clients.
    95 r white

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12