Thread: Unique Whips

Default Unique Whips

Ok, am I the only one who was utterly disappointed with this show? And that's something considering that I wasn't expecting much.

And people complained that they didn't do enough fabrication on American Chopper! These guys essentially bolt on crap they order from catalogs. This is "unique?"

The ads showed wild Italian and european cars, but what do we get in the episode? H2s, a Chrysler and an Oldsmobile. Wow. How "unique." This differs from any local "installer" how?

Sorry to rant. I guess when I saw the guy putting a crooked-ass notch in a piece of steel for an amp rack using a cutoff wheel I lost it. This is exciting enough for TV?

Chuck

When I saw the ads for that show I knew exactly what it was going to be:

A half hour devoted to a (rapper/sports star)'s (Hummer/Ferrari/Mercedes/300C/whatever) done up with (22" wheels/24" wheels/26" wheels), a sound system with (4 subwoofers/12 subwoofers/more subwoofers than the combined IQ of the show's production staff), etc.

That's not a show for people who love cars. It's a show for people who love flashy lifestyle accessories. It's like a half hour devoted to the gold-plated toilet rolls of the rich and the clueless.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    That's not a show for people who love cars. It's a show for people who love flashy lifestyle accessories. It's like a half hour devoted to the gold-plated toilet rolls of the rich and the clueless.
    The thing is, a "show for people who love flashy lifestyle accessories" would be better than what this show is. At least if they were showing a stereo and dub installation on a Ferrari it'd be something I can't see in my neighbor's driveway. An H2? How many did you see today? 5? 10? An OLDSMOBILE? Maybe this should have been called "absolutely normal paper toilet rolls of the rich and the clueless."

Granted, the other day I noticed myself behind the same orange Murcielago for the third time on the way home from the store and decided that maybe $50k liability property limits wouldn't do the job anymore.

I had the discussion with a friend from back home (Wichita Falls) where I was telling him that one of the things I like about living in the metroplex is that you can forget about "keeping up with the Joneses." There's ALWAYS someone around here that'll blow you out of the water. So why bother?

Chuck