Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Automatic locks and window regulator

Quote Originally Posted by MiataProtege View Post
    Asking both forums usually provides more responses, since normally one of them I'm getting trolled in. Lol.
    Sorry, pal! I'll try and do a better job at trolling you on Miata.net - I usually go there to practice trolling and vent my drunken rages anyhow. See ya 'round!

[/troll]

And now, back to your regularly scheduled thread drift...
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

That cable is done for, and good luck find the plastic pieces sold separately. I had the same problem on my honda, I looked at the tangled broken cable system thinking I could fix it for about 30 seconds, then I bought a new regulator assembly. Save yourself the hassle and buy a new assembly. Don't worry about the lock, softtops are too easy/quiet to slash anyway.

In my experience with the honda it was super easy to replace the whole assembly. Easier than what you've done so far, that's for sure. And in a 10 second google search I found NB Miata regulators are expensive, but not 200-300, most have been in the 100-200 range. Honda's are less than $50, motor included.

Sorry for contributing, back to the thread drift...

My kids are the same age as yall's, well my oldest anyway...almost 2. Daugher is only 2months. I'm definitley down for a future karting league.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

MiataProtege

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggerachi View Post
    That cable is done for, and good luck find the plastic pieces sold separately. I had the same problem on my honda, I looked at the tangled broken cable system thinking I could fix it for about 30 seconds, then I bought a new regulator assembly. Save yourself the hassle and buy a new assembly. Don't worry about the lock, softtops are too easy/quiet to slash anyway.

In my experience with the honda it was super easy to replace the whole assembly. Easier than what you've done so far, that's for sure. And in a 10 second google search I found NB Miata regulators are expensive, but not 200-300, most have been in the 100-200 range. Honda's are less than $50, motor included.

Sorry for contributing, back to the thread drift...

My kids are the same age as yall's, well my oldest anyway...almost 2. Daugher is only 2months. I'm definitley down for a future karting league.
    Thanks bud :) Already purchased the regulator off ebay... nice and cheap! Also... the main reason I want the lock.... the doors automatically unlock when you turn off the car... it's embarrassing having to go around and manually unlock the car for girls lol. The entire door handle assembly (for a pair) was $20. I am amazed at prices on Ebay sometimes. Thats with free shipping.
    Last edited by MiataProtege; 02-08-2012 at 03:10 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12