Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FYI.. MSMs getting even cheaper...

Default FYI.. MSMs getting even cheaper...

Anyone else still itching to pick up a good deal before the NC shows up?

Just another add I thought I'd throw out there is case anyone is still hunting for a good deal on an MSM

Hillard in Ft Worth dealers is now advertising $7500 off all '04 MSMs... That trumps Town North who's been doing 7k off since November.

http://www.autonation.com/dealers/hi...age=Special_RO

Mod note: I'm not selling, so I wasn't sure if ya wanted this here or in classifieds... Feel free to relocate as you feel fit....
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!
    1989 Suburban 4x4 - 4" Pro-Comp Lift 33" BFGs etc... DRUNK TANK!
    2002 Protege5 - Lucky the drunk wagon SOLD
    '04 MazdaSpeed Mx-5 Wheeee! Turbos are fun
    How can I be so thirsty this morning, When I drank so much last night??

A "New Inventory" search shows they have no Mazdaspeeds (2004 or 2005) in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    A "New Inventory" search shows they have no Mazdaspeeds (2004 or 2005) in stock.
    Guess they can discount them as much as they want, then...
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    Guess they can discount them as much as they want, then...
    Sounds like bait and switch to me... "We just sold the last one, but you know... none of the Miatas can really hold a candle to the RX-8 Lets take a ride in one and check it out."

looks to me they've got;
    one '04 Ti cloth
    one '04 Red leather
    one '05 Black leather

Quote Originally Posted by rx7gslse
    looks to me they've got;
    one '04 Ti cloth
    one '04 Red leather
    one '05 Black leather
    OK... I wasn't clicking deep enough... thought those were standard Miata's. It also shows that 2 of the 3 are Automatics? I thought all of the MSM were 6 speeds.

they're all 6spds.... never discredit the abilities of human error..

I'm sure we could dig deeper and find teh VIN, but by color and price, they're just reg old manual MSMs...

mm, those leather seats are sexy. i never saw one till today.
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C
    99 Disco, the go anywhere ride

I bought mine on new years new and pd 18K for it. Aside from hating the dealership ( Hiley ) I think I got a decent deal on it. I live right by there and they have an 04/red at the front of the lot. They had 3 when I got mine and ALL of them had some sort of damage to the paint...

how was the paint damaged?
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C

how? well I suspect they may have been soem of these cars?

http://www.digitex.net/ecarter/MSM/05MSM.html

Quote Originally Posted by rx7gslse
    how? well I suspect they may have been soem of these cars?

http://www.digitex.net/ecarter/MSM/05MSM.html
    Man! That sucks! To add insult to injury they smashed the back windows for kicks...

Looks like they took the aftermarket wheels. Not OEMs. Do they have to disclose that damage when they sell those new cars?
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Holy Crap! Who took those pics????? I think one of those is mine since it had been on the lot a while! Where are the wheels?

The ones on the lot in jan all had DEEP scratches on them, almost down to bare metal. Mine was fine 'cept for a spot where the license place frame was hitting the paint. They offered to fix it, then they screwed up the paint on the entire front end.. hood, fenders and front clip. I am STILL pissed about it.

iirc, they are supposed to.
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C

Quote Originally Posted by Krissybares_2004MSM
    Holy Crap! Who took those pics????? I think one of those is mine since it had been on the lot a while! Where are the wheels?

The ones on the lot in jan all had DEEP scratches on them, almost down to bare metal. Mine was fine 'cept for a spot where the license place frame was hitting the paint. They offered to fix it, then they screwed up the paint on the entire front end.. hood, fenders and front clip. I am STILL pissed about it.
    I'm the one who took those pictures... That was what I found one Sunday afternoon in October at Hiley when I snuck around back to see if they had any of teh '05 MSM's in stock (I wnated to see what the new wheels looked like)

They took 2 sets of wheels off the MSM's and one set of dealer added aftermarket wheels off that silver car. If your car was on their lot and damaged I beleive they are legally required to disclose any repairs they've made. Granted, "swapping wheels" may be a bit on the sketchy side, but if they had to replace the rear window they *definately* should have disclosed it... ESPECIALLY since it appeared as if it had rained on the cars with the rear windows missing, as the inteior on at least one of those was soaked...

I think the best way to tell if one of those was yours woudl be to look at the side rails... they jacked up teh cars with a factory jack on both sides right in the middle.

mine looks to be ok.... as I said, it was the only one of 3 without any HUGE scratches... only that didnt keep the dealership from screwing up the car after the fact :) As far as purchase price... they were running a rebate of 6K and I got Xplan pricing... so a combo of the two, and pitting them against Freeman, I ended up at 18K. Surely the one that I saw the other day on the lot is discounted.. but again its Hiley and it wouldnt surprise me! The only reason that I ended up there is because they were open on New Years Day and honored the rebate, whereas Freeman was closed and said they would not honor it after the 31st

The big reason I passed on the red with leather was the deep scratches on top of the rear fender section, close to the hard-top clevises. They offered to fix it, but I didn't want them to break the paint, and they doubted they could touch it up otherwise. My non-leather MSM had no paint damage...at least until I screwed it up myself... I still need one of those Altian panels for the bottom of the front valance...
    OzCop
    MSM
    "It's never too late to have a happy childhood!"

Altian panels?

You mean a Track Dog Racing Air Splitter?

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac
    Altian panels?

You mean a Track Dog Racing Air Splitter?

RJ
    score! they have the mazdaspeed version out!

Off to go order one....

I happened by Hiley Arlington today and they had several MSM's on the lot. FYI
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast