Thread: Soft top fix?

Default Soft top fix?

My soft top is stll not too bad but my glass window is coming out. Is there a place I can take it to and have them sew it back in?
    '94 Miata "M Edition" - sold
    '99 Miata w/td05

You will probably spend nearly as much for that sort of work as you would for a basic new top, and a used top can actually be cheaper if you can do the work yourself.

Sewing it on the car is a really difficult, awkward task, and then you have to waterproof the stitching. I did a little stitching repair on a jeep softop, which could be easily detatched, and it was much harder than it looked. Put it this way: I'd charge well over $200 to do a high-quality stitching job on a miata window (@$50/hr), and that is assuming the top material is not going to tear/stretch under load, which old tops are wont to do. Then there is waterproofing...

Either go full-ghetto and just Gorilla Glue the thing in place, or replace the top, IMHO.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

The back window was coming out of my 97 top and I went to HD got some high strength water proof epoxy and sealed the window back in. I did the inside and out. I duck taped the window overnight to let it dry. That was a few months ago and through that heavy rain we got not to long ago. No leaks! I still need a new top but the $5 repair has bought me some time.
    Nothing like the whine of a SC at full throttle!

I did gorilla glue it already. LoL just wondering if it could be fixed. I want to be able to lower the top but the glue will give if it's folded.
    '94 Miata "M Edition" - sold
    '99 Miata w/td05

I foolishly spent money paying someone to re-sew the rear window early in my Miata ownership (before I knew about MME). I ended up replacing the top, anyway. Either do a cheap temp-fix like titanescape or get a new top.

This is a shop that was recommended to me http://www.superpages.com/bp/Lewisvi...0089546492.htm by my favorite miata guru.
    I have not used them. When I called them, the cost to fix my window was about the same as the cost to replace the top, labor being the biggest factor.
    '99 Emerald Green - 2015 NASA Texas TTE Season Champion (showing up is really 100% of it)