Thread: Pointy board pointiness....

Default Pointy board pointiness....

Make it stop!!!

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Rugger:
    Some people, like me, figure that there are less than an infinit number of openings and closings in each motor. For that reason, when I am driving at night, I use the button to keep the doors open from first use until I am done driving for that night.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good to see I'm not the only one!

Not only do I NOT do the 'Miata wave' by (unnecessarily) flipping the headlights up and down but I also always use the button to pop up the lights so they WON'T go back down when I shut them off

After the car is back home in the garage for the night, I lower the headlights

Don

Pointy Thread
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

See, if you had one of the newer model Miatas without two giant airbrakes in the front, you wouldn't have to worry about that kind of crap. :P
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I'm waiting for Moti or one of the other dweebs to replace a headlight with a clothes dryer ventilation duct... Raise the barn doors for more air into the engine compartment.

Some people are ignorant beyond belief.

If the barn doors mechanisms are kept clean and binding free (remove leaves and other debris...) they should last for YEARS without any issues.

I haven't had any problems with those on either 92 model that I had.

Somehow I have visions of Monk in my head for the UberModerator.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    two giant airbrakes in the front
    Shhhhhhhhhh! That’s our secret track weapon that reduces braking distance by 3.5 feet. Don't let the S2000's know... that 3.5 feet is all I need to beat them!

My reply because that dweeb, Don will probably moderate me.

Worried about wearing out your bard dorn motors?

Y'all probably also watch your speed around corners too. No "point" in wearing out the tires too quickly.

Leave the top and windows up. Don't want those evil sun rays from wearing out the interior.

I'd say your best bet would be to park the car in a large glass tube, apply a vacuum inside and just admire the car for all eternity.

Meanwhile, I'll be having LOTS of fun trying to wear my car out. Got 135k on the clock now. I think I'll go for a drive now and play with my pop-ups.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

DORK!

S.

i added my input...
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C
    99 Disco, the go anywhere ride

Yeah, but in another thread this made me almost choke...

Quote Originally Posted by An Exxon exec
    Which they will invest in exploring for new oil thereby expanding reserves and exploiting previously unexploited oil reserves expanding supply. Both of these will lower the cost of oil long term.

All of these firms are publicly traded so the stock holders could instead decide to issue a larger dividend per share, which the stock holders (mostly mutual funds) will re-invest in the stock market thereby providing more operating capital for other companies which will increase worker productivity and decrease inflation.

I don't see as much down side to oil company profits as some do.
    Quote Originally Posted by A funny guy
    I think you need to stand a bit further away from your filler neck when next you get gas. You're sniffing too many fumes if you believe that.

My Dad used to tell me, "Son, that switch will only switch on and off so many times and you just wasted two of them."

...and I'd wait until he wasn't looking and switch it about 20 more...

(Click. Click. Click. Clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick.)

Gotta go with black roadster on this. Leave the lights up all night? You've got to be kidding...

Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by ccage
    My Dad used to tell me, "Son, that switch will only switch on and off so many times and you just wasted two of them."

...and I'd wait until he wasn't looking and switch it about 20 more...

(Click. Click. Click. Clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick.)

Chuck
    i used to get griped at in my moms previous car, 10 yrs and over 100k miles later of riding shotgun andplaying with the airvent, it finally broke one day. but we sold it shortly after, gotta love old isuzu troopers
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C
    99 Disco, the go anywhere ride